IGNORED

Lighting up the rear...

XV1100SE

I called Custom Dynamics and they put together a package for my RSV. Kuryakyn Run/Turn/Brake module, rear 100 LED tail light (much brighter than the 48 LED), front and rear led turn signal bulbs, plus load equalizers and all connectors. Simply plug in all the bulbs and wire up the main module under the seat, (about 45 minutes), and you are ready to go with the back end lit up like a Christmas tree. All three lights on the rear serve as running lights and brake lights, flashing several times when the brake is first applied. Total cost about $200 and I am certainly worth it. One of the few mods my wife didn't complain about! They can put together a package for any bike. I couldn't be more pleased.

Has anyone tried the Custom Dynamics cluster in rear signal housing? Has turn/brake/running light in one cluster so your turn signal acts as running light/brake/turn signal.

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorc...c_clusters.htm

Yeah, I've had them almost from the beginning. I've also got the LED Tail/Brake light, but, not the 100 because it wasn't available when I got mine. My front run/turns are also LED.

You've been here quite awhile, so, you've most likely seen my sequential turn signals on my mirrors & LED strips adjacent to the eyebrows on my fairing, also as auxiliary turns. If not, look up the posts (with pix).

I called Custom Dynamics and they put together a package for my RSV. Kuryakyn Run/Turn/Brake module, rear 100 LED tail light (much brighter than the 48 LED), front and rear led turn signal bulbs, plus load equalizers and all connectors. Simply plug in all the bulbs and wire up the main module under the seat, (about 45 minutes), and you are ready to go with the back end lit up like a Christmas tree. All three lights on the rear serve as running lights and brake lights, flashing several times when the brake is first applied. Total cost about $200 and I am certainly worth it. One of the few mods my wife didn't complain about! They can put together a package for any bike. I couldn't be more pleased.

My buddy had a similar set up on the rear of his road king. Looked really nice, except the rear turn signals burned on the bright side with just the tail lamps and we he applied the brakes there was no noticeable difference. Does your set up do that? (pics)

It says they are not DOT approved. Are you guys running on the regular roads with them? No problems with DOT? I cannot see why better, brighter lights wouldn't be a good thing. LEDs are amazingly bright, especially on rainy days.

I agree with you. Better, brighter, more reliable, longer lasting is a good thing. I'm not worried about DOT approval, in this case. If a LEO feels the need to check my LEDs for DOT compliance, he's bored or in a bad mood. I've got all kinds of extra lighting in the hopes that I'll be more noticeable on the road. I'd think they would understand that. My headlight is modulated as are all my brake lights. I've got the Stebel air horn, too, just in case. I've only used it about 3 or 4 times, but, every time the cager figured out I was there, with that encouragement. :2cents:

My buddy had a similar set up on the rear of his road king. Looked really nice, except the rear turn signals burned on the bright side with just the tail lamps and we he applied the brakes there was no noticeable difference. Does your set up do that? (pics)

2 other bikes in the group that I occasionally ride with have this setup. After riding behind them for many miles on different occasions, I knew I had to have this setup. They were easily the mose visible bikes in the group. I don't ride much at night because of the deer population here in Arkansas; the daytime visibility of the LED's is what impressed me the most. Brake lights were very different to me especially since they flash several times before locking in the on position.

Has anyone tried the Custom Dynamics cluster in rear signal housing? Has turn/brake/running light in one cluster so your turn signal acts as running light/brake/turn signal.

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorc...c_clusters.htm

Don

When you get back from the WNY weekend, come by the house. I installed a light bar on the back. Running/brake, no turn signals. Easy install as well.

Steve:sick:

On my 2005, I got the setup (the GEN200-Y kit) with Moon shinz in the front as running/turn signals, and the dynamic clusters in the rear that had red and amber LEDs, acting as Run/Turn/and Stop lights. The only problems I had with it was when the turn signals were applied, I got noise (synchronized with the turn signal) in my audio and when I applied the brake, the amber turn LEDs were overwhelmed by the red brake LEDs.

Since I got my new bike I just ordered the kit again, this time with red LEDs in the back with a run/turn/stop module. They can also coat the signal stabilizer with an RF coating to cut down on the interference. I just got them so I can't give a report on how they compare with the others.

I will say that the folks there will go out of there way to help you select the right gear. Excellent customer service.

For those that have done it....

If I install the 100 LED tail light... does it require a load equalizer (or is that just for turn signals?)

If I install the Dynamic Cluster LED turn signals ....

- I have an isolator under the seat for my trailer lighting http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58204 which btw... the self cancelling still works on the bike)...should I :

a) wire the signal lights back to the isolator or ;

b) use existing signal wire with brake/run to the tail light and use an isolator (2?) for the turn signals

Word from Custom Dynamics was to keep the trailer circuit separate and wire the brake/run light to the tail light and tap in there. For the turn signals, replacing the rear lights would require one load balancer. Replacing the front turn signals would require another load balancer.

Can anyone confirm whether the rear signal lights are an 1157 or 7507 base?

Does VR.org have a discount code?

Edited by XV1100SE
fix

The custom dynamics website has a page to help you determine which you have. It doesn't take long to check. For what it is worth, I just got my new turn signals recently for a 2007 RSV and they were BAZ-3 Front and 7507 Rear.

My 09 RSV must be the same. I saw the pictures of the bulb types but haven't taken a bulb out yet.

What load balancer did you get?

I got the metric signal stabilizer. I am not doing the dynamic clusters this time though. I went with a run-turn-brake controller and all red LEDs on the rear. Make sure you tell them that you have a radio on the bike. They use an RF coating for those applications.

100 LED tail light.

I installed the 100 led tail light. It is very bright. Better than expected. Installation is easy except for one issue. The three mounting holes are small so that when the lens is installed it is held just off the seal. So I enlarged these holes just enough to fit over the first lip on the taillight boss. It has worked great for almost two years now.

Mike