IGNORED

FED Ex guy came by today!!!!!

Thanks Guys. Wing stuff has the rack and bag combo on sale for 99.99 with free shipping. the hand wings were full price. I would have thought with free shipping they would have sent it on a mule train. Not so three days from Ca. to Tx. stuff looks to be good quality lets see how long the chrome takes to show rust. As little as i wash the bike it prolly wont be long. :7_6_3[1]:

I like that bag,I got one and it is very convenient..Also just got in this week a cooler rack for the rear of the bike where the hitch is..I got the Aluminum Rivco Unit from WingStuff.

Herb,

Fed-Ex came by here early this morning..The called me first to see if i would be home.. I was certailny suprised..

They droppped off my new updated MP3 unit, and a wire harness for my bike so I can plug into my new trailer.

Tomorrow, I will be installing both....

Hey herb, I have a suggestion when you go to install your luggage rack..If you place a piece of sarran wrap over your trunk, it will prtect your trunk from scratches and you can see through it as to where you will need to drill..

Thanks for the tip Eck. I was gonna use blue tape but I like your idea better. Makes good sense. I may not be working on it tommorow though gotta do aughta dos first. I need an mp3 thing for audio books ifn it will work for them. Currently load them in a Garmin, but who needs 2 GPS's on one bike. But I will use two on the Hard butt ride on the 21st. Gonna do my ss1k then. I can see that becoming a habit. With Dawns approval of course.

Was just at WingStuff looking at the cooler racks. gonna hve to get one for the ride to MidRSV's Memorial day run. Will have to add lights though, the bag will block the RSV rear lighting. I'm thinking of making a couple of brackets to put a set of trailer lights on and plug into my trailer harness.

Ok,

I am all done installing a new bushtec wire harness on the bike. Got it all wired in and no sparks..all lights worked first time.....love it when a plan comes together..

then I moved on and installed the new upgraded MP3 player... it works GREAT...!!!

Simple installation too. Took me 20 minutes...had to remove the seat, snap the connector in place and put the seat back on...then velcrow it in place in the trunk.

I like it........

Now I am ready to go some place...but I have to work..Yuk..

Good to hear you got your new goodies installed I may have a small window of opertunity after work today to put mine on. I really aught to just bite the bullet and do the fork springs as well. But don't want to drive the pickup at $4.00 a Gal for diesel. I figure it may take two to three evenings to do the seals and springs. The rack and hand wings should be less than an hour for both.

• 2 weeks later...
Was just at WingStuff looking at the cooler racks. gonna have to get one for the ride to MidRSV's Memorial day run. Will have to add lights though, the bag will block the RSV rear lighting. I'm thinking of making a couple of brackets to put a set of trailer lights on and plug into my trailer harness.

Received the cooler rack the other day. Now if I could get some suggestions on a hitch for a Wing since I'll be picking up my new to me 2008 with 900 miles on it this saturday.

Started a new thread for hitch suggestions, 42 lookies but no suggestions. Would like to order a hitch in the next day or so. That way could receive and install it before next weekend.

Thanks,

Jim