IGNORED

Ethanol Article (Stupid Juice)

bmxndad

Ethonal does some bad things. It eats up gas lines in chain saws if they sit for a couple of months without being completely drained first, know this from first hand experience. It also eats up plastic gas tanks in 4 wheelers and personal water crafts if they sit over the winter with gas in the tank, my mechanic that works on my 4 wheeler says he gets lots of these and warranty will not cover it. My 4 wheeler, a 2008 Yamaha Big Bear 400 does not run very well on 10% ethanol. I buy gas from the oil company in town without Ethanol for my 4 wheeler, chain saws and lawnmower. I can tell a big difference in power and idle smoothness in my 4 wheeler when I use gas without Ethanol. When I use gas with Ethanol it idles rough and does not have a much power.

Not too concerned about the Venture cause I can ride it almost year round here in TX and it does not sit for that long.

Here in Michigan we have mandatory 10% mixed ethanaol/gas so wonder how using it full time would eventually clog up the fuel system on our rides. I always put some stablizer in prior to winter layover but even then the bike runs a bit rough for the 1st couple of tanks. Sea foam to the rescue. :080402gudl_prv:

Larry