IGNORED

First Service & Multi Information Display

Guest my14car

Guest my14car

Took my new GL1800 in for the first service seems, no one there knows if the multi information display has panel lights that work at night. All my other panel controls light up, but my seat and grip heater along with the four display buttons do not light up. Cant see them at night. Is this normal or should they light up at night.

My 1st service cost 195.00 will not be doing that every four months thats for sure. Will there be any problems with my warranty if i do my own service on the bike. Took care of my 05 RSTD got that one used with 2 years left on the warranty.Just dont want void anything.

Has anyone updated there navigation system, just got the bike 10 days ago first nav i ever had. Other then that this is one great motorcycle seems to get better with each ride

These buttons are not backlit. see pic. everything else should light up.

There should be no problem doing your own service but you do want to keep a record of it.

I have updated the firmware but the maps are still the stock 2005:doh:

scotty

Guest my14car

How did you update your firmware can you do it yourself. After reading more of the owners manual ill be doing my own service. Seems the 1st service is at 4000 miles i just did not want to void my warranty. My dealer has already but a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for the fast reply.

The buttons you speak of don't have lights,,:confused24:

Now for the interesting part on the Nav ( which is a waste in my opinion ) If you have a week to read it all here is a link to probably the best information. 841 replies you will have to sift through the most of it to get the info needed. The parent directory has a lot of good How To's for the 1800

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171213

There is also a great board there on electronics and such. The hottest things out right now is the CB and MP3 player by Bike-mp3

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Waite to you want to change the air filter :yikes: the book says 12000, but it is good to at least 24 to 30 unless you live in the desert or a rain forest. I changed mine at 38K and it wasnt too bad looking.