IGNORED

It's Nice, But I Miss the Venture

Sheradan

I got an '04 wing this spring to supplement the '86 VR. The VR is superior to the Wing in every way except overall smoothness and power. The VR rides better, takes curves and turns better, and is more stable in wind and on bad roads.

Been waiting for a new Venture and keep hoping they go back to the VR format.

I have looked at the LT, and many other bikes, but of those left (other than the Venture and Wing) I like the Harley Ultra, but don't like the heat, I like how the Vision rides, but am not in love with the look. Stuck with a used Wing (not bad duty, but still....) and I KEPT my old VR, and still love riding it.

:thumbsup2: Awesome looking bike, how does it ride? Yamaha really needs to update their venture series bikes or folks are going to keep moving on to another builder. I absolutely love my RSMV, but I know that with the advances in engineering and such, there is better rides out there. Was totally impressed with the feel and ride of the Victory Vision, but was not crazy about the look, and didn't want payments on anything in this economy. Would love to hear what you think of the bike after you put on a few thousand miles, enjoy your new ride!!!!

I think the LT is what the Venture would have become if they would have stayed on track with the 1st gen idea. Sleek lines, latest in technology, great handling. And with two up (big folks) and luggage it still gets over 45mpg.

I agree too bad they kinda went the other way