IGNORED

Front Cowling/Fairing Holes Cracked Off

you can buy soms abs plistic cement, make sure it's for abs will say so on the can. and apply the glue to the broken tabs. let them set up for 24 hrs to clure. i fixed two of mine this way. you can nuy this cement at any hardware store or the big home centers. don c.

• 4 years later...

I have an 06 venture. 3 of the 4 clips are broken on the one side I don't have the clips. any ideas how to fix this type of a scenario. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank You. :confused07:

But on the brighter side while I have the fairing apart I am going to get rid of the useless cassette player.

I just addressed this problem on my bike (05 Venture). The tech write up by V7Goose is a different problem than the cracked fairing. I called V7Goose and asked him what he would do to repair the fairing. He said to get a can of Oately ABS glue to repair the fairing. The glue will say for PVC for the front of the can but read the label on the back and if it says for ABS also, then get that. Per V7Goose if the tab isn't completely broken use a tooth pick to get the glue into the crack. Also put the broken pieces together then pull them apart to get the glue into the crack real good. The glue melts the two pieces together and I believe they are stronger than when new. I also did the fix V7Goose recommends for repairing the two tabs on each end of the metal piece that runs across the front. This piece has the holes for the windshield bolts. My windshield and fairing is stronger now than when new. For some people this may not take much time but I'm not mechanically inclined so it took me a full day. Hope you get yours repaired without a problem.