IGNORED

Pics of trailer hitch for 85 w light bar

boyter

I have been searching for over an hour trying to find an exploded view of a trailer hitch to fit my 85 with light bar, could someone help me out? I have been up all night working on the beast, putting her back together in anticipitation of warm weather, and if I had an exploded view with a part list I have a good friend who could weld it up for me. Also where would be a good place to order a clutch kit and fork seals to complete my mechanical problems? If I can get her reliable and safe I will worry about looks and my broken fairing next winter if possible. Thats the problem of riding on a budget, a lot to do in order to have it as right as possible. I'm just thankful that I have tools and a little knowhow to keep my costs down. If not, I will have to part with her. I do appreciate any help as always. I talked to someone this AM about these things but he was unable to help. May God bless all and keep us safe is my prayer!!! Jeff Boyter

First off, it's not all that necessary to have a dirty bike in order to make and install a trailer hitch. It would be clean already, but somebody is waiting for parts before the back wheel can go on again. I asked my wife to be a help mate like she said that she would be, but I think over the 41 years of marriage she's got a little smart.

If you need some more help or explanation, just post.

Where did you get the material, and how did you arrive at the correct bend? I think I will try to make it out of regular steel in order to keep costs down, I imagine the stock for yours costs a lot. I can always rattle can it every couple of years if need be. I can usually follow instructions, but have a hard time imagining it in my head (too many dead brain cells, I guess). No seriously I haven't ever been good at figuring up stuff in my head, like what radius to bend the tubing, how much to buy, ect. Maybe I can use your pics and with the help of my welding buddy we can figure it out. He has all kinds of welding steel, and some pipe too. I really appreciate your time in helping me out, this is a wonderful group of people whom I am glad to be a very small part of!! Jeff Boyter

First off, it's not all that necessary to have a dirty bike in order to make and install a trailer hitch. It would be clean already, but somebody is waiting for parts before the back wheel can go on again. I asked my wife to be a help mate like she said that she would be, but I think over the 41 years of marriage she's got a little smart.

If you need some more help or explanation, just post.

Carl, my Denray hitch actually looks cleaner, than yours does. :stickpoke:

Thinking of checking with them, for the 86 as the Markland hangs up with the trailer (when backing up). Unless I can get some fly guy to make me a receiver hitch, that connects to the Markland tubes.

I didn't put this hitch on, it came with the scoot and so I left it, it was cleaner when I bought it though. It's made of 3\4" tubing with a plate welded in for the ball and each end has a small flat plate welded to it so that it can be attached to the frame. Halfway back there is also a small plate that holds it to the subframe with 2 bolts per side, and keeps it from dropping on the road, which would be kind of inconvienent.