IGNORED

Fuel and Temp Gauge acting funny

K, got her buttoned up and started. Was warming her up to start the carb sync. I looked at the temp gauge and it was sitting at the bottom figuring she cant still be that cold. I saw the volt gauge was where it needed to be. I saw one bar on the fuel gauge and then it went to the fuel pump on the center display. Ok, figured it is getting low (prolly is). Anyway, as I glanced over to the Volt gauge, it was on the bottom.

When I turn the key on, they both bump up a tad before dropping back down.

Headlight, turn signals, brake & brake light, instrument light, center display and tach are working.

I did replace the speedo and plate before I buttoned her back up. And I did the fuel tank thing to get a better reading on the fuel display.

Ideas?

Edited by GigaWhiskey

If you've taken the speedo/gauge assembly apart, when you put it back together you must ensure that the needles on both gauges are above the stops. I know I'm not the only one around here that has had this same thing happen to them. Just one of those "D'OH" moments we all cherish!!

:bang head:

If you've taken the speedo/gauge assembly apart, when you put it back together you must ensure that the needles on both gauges are above the stops. I know I'm not the only one around here that has had this same thing happen to them. Just one of those "D'OH" moments we all cherish!!

:bang head:

After I read this, thinking you are CRAZY, I hustled to the garage to look. Low and behold, your are NOT CRAZY.

I am having a "D'OH" moment. Both needles are below the rubber stops.

I know for a fact that the volt needle worked for a while. Somehow it went below.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

After troubleshooting my 'problem' for almost an hour, it finally dawned on me what had transpired. I went into the house and asked my loving wife to kick me in the behind. She said "Why? Are you working on your motorcycle again?" I do love her dearly!! Returning to the garage, swearing the entire time to myself, I then took the speedo assembly back off the bike and fixed the needle problem.

It is said that the hardest learned lessons are the ones you never forget. Ain't it the truth, brother!! Glad to be of assistance! Isn't this a great forum???