IGNORED

Started my project

I started my project of converting my WOC fairing onto this bike. It was set up for the LC1500 and they don't make brackets for the RSTD at WOC. I'm making my own and picked up a piece of aluminum yesterday and got it bet 90 degrees today and started cuting them out to fit. I will update this as I go along in case anyone else needs to do this in the future.

Ok yesterday as I rode about 350 miles I got to thinking the distance from the outside of the parts that hold the windshield is the same as the distance between the existing brackets on the fair and so I set it up there and sure enough they are. All I have to do is take the screws out and bolt the fairing on on the top. The bottom wont fit but I can just make two pieces that fasten to the bottom windshield brackes and then got to fasten to the the bottom holes in the fairing bracket.

I will take a picture when it's done. Should be a piece of cake and if it works these fairings are good quality and are only $699 without the radion and 799 with it. Thats a lot cheaper than any of the outher fairings out there.

For the rest of this riding season I will just leave it green and then this winter get it painted blue to match the bike.:thumbsup2:

Update, The fairing is on and it was pretty easy. I will have better bracket made but for now it will do because I have to have the fairing painted. I will post some pictures as soon as possible. This fairing is a very good alternative to the $1500 and 2K fairings.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/IMG_0289.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/IMG_0290.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/IMG_0291.jpg

Edited by hunter 1500
added pictures

• 5 months later...

Nearing the end of my fairing project. Bought the paint from colorite and had the painter do a test and it was perfect so he is shooting the fairing this week and the bracket for it are being touched up at the fab shop. Will post picks when it's all done. Come on spring.

Love the fairing! Where did you get it? Does it come with a mounting kit?

Thanks

mark

It's a wide open custom. They don't make the bracket to fit but if you look all I had to do was fabricate a straight piece. It was on my LC 1500 Suzuki before and the top holes for the windshield fit but the bottom is where you need to make something to work and I also made some brackets to use the lowers from the windshield. I'll post a picture when it is all done. The paint job came out really good.

Picked up my Tour deluxe yesterday . Got back to the dealer and the Windshield was gone? asked where it went and they said it never had one to begain with. I know it did because I saw it the day I checked the bike over:headache:. So I bought an Deluxe with no windshield, have to say its alot differrent with out the Windshield thats for sure, any way I see its cheaper to go with a Fairing than to buy the complete Windshield. So thanks for the photos this helps me a lot on how to do my fairing update..:happy34:

OH and the Tour Deluxe did great coming home too...........:thumbsup2:

fairing looks good. I"m thinking about getting one. would you recomend ordering one for the suzuki or yamaha. Since they don't make one for the rstd. thanks marty

The one I have was for the Suzuki I had. It was the LC1500. To make the fairing work I had to make a couple of straigt pieces for the fairing. I also made some lowers brackets. They didn't come out very well but I have plenty of time to make better ones.

Picked up my Tour deluxe yesterday . Got back to the dealer and the Windshield was gone? asked where it went and they said it never had one to begain with. I know it did because I saw it the day I checked the bike over:headache:. So I bought an Deluxe with no windshield, have to say its alot differrent with out the Windshield thats for sure, any way I see its cheaper to go with a Fairing than to buy the complete Windshield. So thanks for the photos this helps me a lot on how to do my fairing update..:happy34:

OH and the Tour Deluxe did great coming home too...........:thumbsup2:

Woa there Buddy, you have a new bike and have not posted pictures yet? There has to be a good reason I'm sure. Please tell us you're working on it.