IGNORED

Where's that thread about adding vents to the windshield?

Okay...so there's NOT a thread about it? :)

I would like to add two round ones. Where can I get them? Installation seems easy enough.

Ken,

I have been installing the round aircraft vents in the G2's windshields for a while now. Here is where you can buy them from...

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/snapvents.php

You want the part # CC-3251

Let me know if you have problems getting the to the big island, I can order a set for you and ship them through USPS :happy34:

• 4 weeks later...

Squidley,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Just wanted to thank you for the link and offer. I finally called them today and they are sending out a pair via US Mail today. Quick and easy!

V7Goose, thanks for the link. So there IS one...it's just at the other Venture site. :whistling: Thanks!

Here ya go. Angel is proof that Squidley can put em in !:duck:I had to go hide my eyes till he got finished,but it all worked out good!

HA!

I remember that day like it was yesterday,ran 2 batteries dead in the cordless drill....you were a bit nervous :whistling:

• 9 months later...

OK guys. I am thinking of installing the round air vents on my RSV. I am hoping that will give a bit more air circulation behind windshield, and perhaps stop rain from sticking to inside of windshield. If these round vents will not help with this, please let me know now before I install.

For Squidley and V7GOOSE who have installed before...or anyone else too. Is it better to install two or just one vent? Is there an optimum distance to measure from the outer chrome strip ie how high to make the hole? Not sure from pics, but I assume this round vent will intrude inwards and could contact dash? Or am I all wet here? Thanks. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

OK guys. I am thinking of installing the round air vents on my RSV. I am hoping that will give a bit more air circulation behind windshield, and perhaps stop rain from sticking to inside of windshield. If these round vents will not help with this, please let me know now before I install.

For Squidley and V7GOOSE who have installed before...or anyone else too. Is it better to install two or just one vent? Is there an optimum distance to measure from the outer chrome strip ie how high to make the hole? Not sure from pics, but I assume this round vent will intrude inwards and could contact dash? Or am I all wet here? Thanks. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

BJ,

The vents get some air circulating behind the windshield which is typically a dead zone. If you actually remove them, you will get 2 blasts of air directly on you and it will circulate a lot of air. The measurements as I recall were 3 1/2" up from the chrome piece at the bottom of the windshield and 5 1/4" over from the side of the shield. Someone with the vents in would have to verify that as I dont have a bike with them in it anyore. The vents do not open inward, you push them out towards the front and when you close them thay are tight against the front of the windshield to keep rain out. Give the responce a day and I'll see if I can dig up some pics of an install.

FWIW, if I had it to do all over again I would have just put one dead center or waited and got the square one from a Gold Wing.

These two just don't really put any air on me. When I completely remove them and I can feel it but other than that...