IGNORED

stock 1st gen tool kit contents

Guest timshosvt

Tim

Well I finally was able to take a picture of my original toolkit which came with my 1985 1200 ride when I bought it in 2003.

Sorry I took so long.

db

:cool10:

Don: Inquiring mines need to know.......... Why did they put a measuring tape in a motorcycle tool kit??????????:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :canada: :canada: :canada: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Don: Inquiring mines need to know.......... Why did they put a measuring tape in a motorcycle tool kit??????????:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :canada: :canada: :canada: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It was for the Americans so they can figure out the metric system. Notice they have both so they can convert. :stirthepot:

Brad

StuD

Well as Bradt said it could be to enable the Americans to convert from metric to Imperial or I could say that you use the ruler to see how much gas is left in the tank or maybe it just happened to be lying on the pool table when I took the picture.

But actually I was only trying to let anyone looking an idea of the size of the tools.

Boy you guys are sure picky.

db

:stickinouttounge:

Guest john gilmore

I wish I had a digital camera so I could send you a picture of my 84 Venture tool kit. Mine has all the stuff in the picture Don sent you plus several open end wrenches? The little plastic dip stick is for checking the oil level in the rear end housing.

Old John

Guest clanbree

I'm thinking it was about penis-envy....

Guest timshosvt
Tim

Well I finally was able to take a picture of my original toolkit which came with my 1985 1200 ride when I bought it in 2003.

Sorry I took so long.

db

:cool10:

Thanks for the post... I am most curious about the dipstick. Would it be possible for you to measure it....or perhaps a closeup pic of it next to a ruler?