IGNORED

TCI location relocation

Ive seen a few places where people have asked where to find the TCI and boost sensor. This is how i got to mine and relocated it without pulling the air box, etc. from the right side with the chrome cover pulled off you can look up into the cavity and spot both, i was able to remove both TCI mounting screws from this spot (pulling out the black plastic/ rubber engine cover is a huge help. I used a small socket wrench with phillips head to gain the clearance. the boost sensor is accessible from here as well. I no longer have the tape deck installed in my 87 so thought i would relocate the TCI in the empty spot of the fairing. I pulled the left side of the fairing off, drilled a large enough hole in the inner panel and passed the wires through. put it all back together and velcroed the box in place.I have the cover that closes up the hole where the tape deck is from so its all sealed up and tidy looking.Seems like alot of you like your radios and im not sure it would all fit with my radio still there, but i thought i would share.

#1 boost sensor harness #2 boost sensor vacuum line #3 TCI #4 front of air box

if nothing else i hope this helps someone locate these if they are looking.

Looks like a great way to go. I don't like the thing on top of the air box. It seems to get in the way. Another winter project."Ugly" is running good now but the list is growing!! And I might squeeze another summer( If I don't jump on too many Hardleys, 2nd Gens, Road Stars or whatever) out of 2nd gear but it is in the future. Maybe a couple days in Skid's garage.

I tried it on top of the airbox and had the same feeling as you, kinda cramped and in the way. the inside of the fairing seems to stay dry, no indication of water ever moving through there, and i live in the northwest so we get some.

id be real interested, if you look into it,as to how it all fits, seems like it might. one thing ive been finding out is the heat will wear on these things over time, so im hoping it will be a cool place for it as well.

hey, if you like it on the airbox then great, it was just a personal preference thing for me, and the stereos out of my royale, never listened to it so i jettisoned the weight. i wish i had kept the mount for the stereo at least, to see if there was room enough anywhere in there for it, but it was pretty tight as i remember. actually i got rid of alot of the extra stuff for weight, long before i found this great group, now i kick myself. maybe somebody needed one of those parts....no cryin over spilt milk though