IGNORED

No clutch

Could not find anything to cover this.

My clutch master cylinder was leaking, fluid was leaking at the clutch handle and after a few hours of shifting, I would have to refill. I purchased a new kit and new compression washers. I put everything back together the way the old one came out and according to the manual. Bleed line and there are no bubbles, problem, no clutch.

Have tried things I read on our site but still no clutch.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

My clutch master cylinder was leaking, fluid was leaking at the clutch handle and after a few hours of shifting, I would have to refill. I purchased a new kit and new compression washers. I put everything back together the way the old one came out and according to the manual. Bleed line and there are no bubbles, problem, no clutch.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

Did you bleed the master at the banjo bolt?

I bleed the one at the bottom of the engine. I did not know that banjo bolt was different nor do I know how to bleed it.

Thanks,

labill

The banjo bolt holds the line to the master. Pump it a couple times and crack that bolt loose while holding lever and see if you get air. Make sure to keep fluid off the plastic.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

My first thought and 1st hand experience: Cap Vent.

But while you foolin with it you may as well change the crush washers, you just take one to the local parts store and match it up, need 2 or 4 if you choose to do the bottom end.

Patch

Went out today and worked on the clutch. Bleed line, no air but no clutch.

Went to banjo attachment like suggested. Held clutch in and released bolt, fluid came out but no clutch. Tried again and the same thing. This time I worked the ----- out of the clutch, released the banjo bolt and out came AIR. Did a few more times and now I have a clutch.

Never to old to learn.

I want to thank everyone who helped, this is a great site with great people.

Thank you, thank you,

labill