IGNORED

Looking for help Uploading Waypoints

We have a 2018 Venture TC and love it so far. My only issue is uploading waypoints. It seems to only let me upload one at a time and can display only 6 on any given route. I'm hoping someone can help me get more efficient at route planning and uploading. We take multi-day trips and it is easier to plan the route on the computer for each days' stops, then upload to the built-in GPS, but I haven't been able to figure it out and Yamaha customer service hasn't been much help to this point.

Thanks in advance!

From what I have read it has to be GPX file format and will only except 5 waypoints. Put the gpx files on a flash drive in a folder call GPX. Then plug flashdrive into USB in right front strorage conmpartment. I have not tried it yet.

If you dont have a program that can make GPX files and are looking to find a free one. Try TYRE (trace your route everywhere) Works well and for me way way easier to use then base camp or map source.

Good info by all. I haven’t tried to do it myself yet, but I’d better figure it out BEFORE our coast to coast trip later this year. I’ve heard of the first two route programs but never heard of TYRE. You say it’s easier to use than the others? I like simplicity.

I do know “currently” the system only allows 5 way points. I guess you could have multiple files pre-loaded into a USB and then just update your route as you go along. Pain in the butt for sure, but it may work unless someone knows differently?

i sure hope they get around to correcting it. I told Yamaha that 5 way points was pathetic and completely anemic for a touring bike. It should’ve been 15-20 for sure.

Here is the link. http://www.tyre.tk/ If you can use google maps you should be able to figure out how to make Tyre work. If not drop me a PM and we will get together.

Thanks! I had several trips planned on Honda Trip Planner but they would not work. I imported them to Tyre and saved as a gpx ...works fantastic!

Thnanks a LOT!

Rob