IGNORED

Thermostat Cross Link

Jack

I don't see why another high quality brand of thermostat wouldn't work. It needs to have the same overall diameter. A visit to your local auto parts store might prove productive. Verify the temperature rating stamped on the thermostat itself. When replacing thermostats I will usually drill a very very small bleed hole in the replacement unit if it doesn't already have one. This helps in bleeding air out on initial fill up and also helps assure uniform temperature around the t-stat during use.

Mike

Found this for a first gen Napa part # 156. I would say probably some of the import cars like honda should use something similar.

Attributes:By-Pass Flange Diameter : 1.09"

Depth from Flange : 1.37"

Design : Bottom By-Pass

Flange Diameter : 1.885"

Height from Flange : .88"

Jiggle Pin : No

Temperature Range : 180 Deg

Here is a napa page. Maybe you can find a cross for you.

Jack

I don't see why another high quality brand of thermostat wouldn't work. It needs to have the same overall diameter. A visit to your local auto parts store might prove productive. Verify the temperature rating stamped on the thermostat itself. When replacing thermostats I will usually drill a very very small bleed hole in the replacement unit if it doesn't already have one. This helps in bleeding air out on initial fill up and also helps assure uniform temperature around the t-stat during use.

Mike

Thanks Mike.. That would have been plan 'B' if I hadn't gotten a reply with a part number.... And...... :)

Found this for a first gen Napa part # 156. I would say probably some of the import cars like honda should use something similar.

Attributes:By-Pass Flange Diameter : 1.09"

Depth from Flange : 1.37"

Design : Bottom By-Pass

Flange Diameter : 1.885"

Height from Flange : .88"

Jiggle Pin : No

Temperature Range : 180 Deg

Here is a napa page. Maybe you can find a cross for you.

Thanks Dion, $5.99 ain't bad either... :-)

Yea if nothing else you got dimensions for that one. So didnt know if you had yours out or not.

Not yet... Figured since I was doing the water pump, I might as well replace the thermo too. Going down to my Y dealer today to order the seals and 'O' rings. Will get the 'O' for the thermo housing as well. I did do a search on the NAPA thermo for the price and found some feedback with folks having problems with their operation...?? Same thing with Auto Zone. Apparently these cheaper Chinese made thermo's ain't all they're cracked up to be.... So I'll do the hot water on the stove bit and check it before installing....

Yup thats the way I have checked them. I tried to run a race car a couple times without one. Thought was if its open it flows more water and stays cooler, right?? WRONG There has to be some restriction in there to slow the water down so it conducts the heat and then carries it out to radiator. But we use to knock the centers out or drill several holes in them centers. but we were not worried about cold start ups and warming up correctly either.

Is there an over the counter Thermostat that will fit the 2ndGen?? Auto Zone, O'Reillys, Napa?? The OEM price gives one a nose bleed... :-)

Part number 1AE-12410-00-00

Meant to ask, what was the cause of the overheat , ( Leak ) up at Yreka ???

Meant to ask, what was the cause of the overheat , ( Leak ) up at Yreka ???

The cause is still up in the air George. In Yreka I had a fluid trail off the exchanger and down the stator cover. It was running blistering hot before I pulled into the motel. Ask my ass and calves about that one. Started it the next morning to put it on the trailer started and ran fine but it wouldn't go into first from neutral. Zzsyx got it fired in 2nd and on the trailer, so I think I might have fried the slave?? Wanted to creep forward after taking it off the trailer in 2nd. Got home and found oil in the coolant, none in the crank so suspect seal in the water pump?? Going to re-seal it anyway... So it's the old scenario with me... Change light bulb.. re-wire house... :bang head:

OK, that's the first time I heard of a 2nd gen. blowing the water pump seal. ??? Hmmmm OK , so that means, around

the 70K mark, I should rebuild the water pump, wether it needs it of not.

Nuff of that. Got to get back to working on the house projects. ( Paint, today ) I think I'm having fun ???

I posted on my 'where do I go from here' thread to what I found when I removed the water pump cover. Pics and all.... :-) However.... it looks like a P.O. had been into it before. Why? No telling.... I do know it was a mess of silicone. As far as rebuilding the water pump? I've never heard of one having problems either and go with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' position.