IGNORED

Vent Flop Blues Cured!!!

igya

I gently popped out the lower vents on my '85 to see why the vents won't stay open. Well, no wonder, there's nothing there to keep'em open! So, I took plain ol' rubber bands (black is better) and hooked them around the snap-tabs and across the vents. Works better than new! Don't overdo it with the bands though. You wouldn't want to stress the plastic parts. Check out the pictures.

Thanks for the idea igya. Been going to take mine out and look at them. It's been dropping down into the 40's here at night and I have a couple that won't stay closed. Kind of chilly on the legs early in the morning.

One of my co-workers asked me the other day when it was 55 out if I was getting ready to put the bike up for the winter. He couldn't figure out why I was laughing. He's already put his up on blocks! I was riding mine when it got down to 17 degrees a couple of times last year.

Nice job Charlie, curious to know if you had any problems installing them back into the lower leg as the rubber band is taking up some of the space where they snap in?

Nope, they just snapped right in and left no gaps.