IGNORED

1997 Royal Star Seat

Guest ohiojack

Guest ohiojack

I have the stock seat on my Royal Star and it's a pain after about 100 miles. Is there a newer Royal seat that will fit on my bike or does anyone have one for sale? I tried a ProPad on the way to Rolling Thunder this las weekend and took it off after around 125-150 miles. It was no better then the stock seat. By the way I saw several RSV in the parade was any of you guys there?:confused24:

There are only a couple of factory seats that will fit, and one or two aftermarket options. Others can be modified to fit. I've modified a set of pillow tops to fit mine. Or you can try reshaping the stock seat. I had reshaped my stock seat with pretty good results before getting the pillow tops. I carved out a more square corner at the back instead of having it so rounded to relieve pressure on my tailbone.

An aftermarket Mustang seat does wonders. I had a 97 RS before my 03mdnt V and I put a Mustang seat on and it solved the comfort problem completely. Corbin also makes a seat for the rs. I have a corbin on my venture because they don't make a Mustang for the RSV. I love it too but it took about 2000 miles to break it in. My wife likes the Corbin but not as much as the Mustang. The Mustang is good to go from day one. I wouldn't recommend any stock seat or to try to repad either. The seat pad frame is flimsy with poor ergonomics and tends to flex over the course of a ride. No matter how much padding you put on it it won't support your hips due to the flex which causes the backside fatigue. A backrest will help some but doesn't support the hips. Any good quality seat wraps to your lower back and a backrest is not necessary. My Mustang did not have a backrest and did not need one. My now Corbin came with a backrest or I would not have gotten one. Now that I have one they do add another dimension to being fully relaxed in the seat especially on a long ride and added support when twisting the throttle aggressively.Hope this is helpful.:7_2_104[1]: