IGNORED

First do it yourself Job

TopV

Took the time to put on saddle bag rails, both top and bottom. Thing is with everything i have read on here i was expecting problems. But for some reason everything matched right up , has a great line with the bottom of the bag. Hardes part of the whole job was making sure i mesured and drilled the holes for the top right, fighured if i messed that up i was in for a major problem.

But all and all it is nice to know you can come here and find help with your problems. Just maybe someone from yamaha comes here and reads this stuff as well.

Thank you all

Load the pics into your 'puter, usually to "My Pictures" folder under "My Documents". Go start a new post, then scroll down to where it says "Manage Attachments". Click on that, then click on the first line that says "Browse". This will open up "My Pics" on your 'puter, then find your pic and double click on it. Do that with each successive pic. Then go down and click "upload". This will add the pics to your post.

Dan

OOPs- forgot. You gotta resize your pics smaller. If you have XP, right click on the pic and click on "resize picture" for the smallest size. If you don't, Don won't let you upload!!!!!! Do this before you try uploading them. Do them as soon as you load into your 'puter.

A bit of advice from someone who learned the hard way. I have the saddle bag crash bars on my 2007 that were installed by the previous owner. One of the bolts holding the accessory bar to the existing side crash bar vibrated loose and fell out. The chrome cap it held on was lost along with the bolt. Went to yamaha to see if I could get the cap and bolt. It turns out that you cannot buy just the cap as the bars are an accessory and you have to buy the whole kit. Sooo. Use loctite on all the bolts or check regularily. Good luck. JR

Midnight,

Did you ever find a cap or replace the bars? I have one but the chrome flaked off and it's rusty. It would have to be re-chromed, painted, something. I found a scratched up one on Ebay and bought it just for the new cap but I think I kept the old one.

Don

Don:

Thanks. I have not looked for a replacement yet and was going to try to come up with a solution that didnt involve buying the whole kit. I just put a bolt in it for now (with some loctite on it). Would you be willing to part with the old one. I am not sure what is involved with re chroming but I dont think it would be a big deal once I found someone to do it.

Regards Jim

It's yours IF I can find it. I'm pretty sure that I kept it and know where it is. I'm out of town now but will be home tomorrow afternoon and will look. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail. Heck, even sanding it a bit and then spraying it with chrome type spray paint would look better than nothing.

Don