IGNORED

Why the hurry?

Guest BluesLover

Truer words have never been spoken, enjoy the ride, and if you're in a hurry,,,,,,,,,take the cage, it gets there faster anyways.

The other lesson that we learned at Riders' training: the throttle is your friend. Don't know how often in the three days of training we heard that, how many movie clips we saw to emphasis that rule, but as you think about it and put it together, it makes a lot of sense.

Good article Lou, since I started riding again I don't have that sense of invulnerability that I had when I was much, much!!! younger. Maybe wisdom does come with age, since I'm retired where do I have to go in a hurry?

I take my time and am always on the lookout for crazy cager's, just yesterday I was stopped at a traffic light, our light turned green, I waited an extra few seconds and looked to the left, sure as s**t a Dodge Ram truck came straight through, cars were screeching to a stop. If I had gone through I think I may have come out on the wrong end of the collision.

So please everyone ride safe, there are alot of nut bars out there.

Ian

Great article and a great reminder for all of us whether in the cage or on the bike.

I passed it on to a buddy of mine who is a MSF instructor and he too felt it was so appropriate. Fortunately for me I have a GF who constantly reminds me that there is no need to be in a hurry:no-no-no:... A great phrase to remember whenever hoping on the bike...

Thanks for the post,

• 3 weeks later...

i was driving a cage with my father in law in the passenger seat, one time.

i got a little "lead footed", and he said something i will NEVER forget!

HE looked over at me, and said "i'd rather be three hours late, than dead for ONE MINUTE!"

the old man, had a lot of zingers , like that one!

just jt:backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday: