IGNORED

DOT Sticker!

Pilot

Was pulled over by the law yesterday for a helmet violation....

Now mind you that DE doesn't require one to use a brain bucket, but I wear one anyway. Having said that you are wondering if I was in De at the time or why would the LAW pull me over is a bucket is not required and I'm wearing one...All great questions.

Here goes the explanation:

The LAWMAN says that you don’t need to wear a bucket in DE but if you do then it must have a DOT sticker on it. So I say “if you don’t need to wear a bucket in DE and you see someone riding down the street with a baseball cap on would you pull him over and tell him he needs to have a DOT sticker on it?

He let me go with a warning, if I was to ride into MD or some other state that requires a bucket then my brain bucket would not be legal because it’s been painted and the DOT sticker is gone.

Now what do you think of that?

Was pulled over by the law yesterday for a helmet violation....

Now mind you that DE doesn't require one to use a brain bucket, but I wear one anyway. Having said that you are wondering if I was in De at the time or why would the LAW pull me over is a bucket is not required and I'm wearing one...All great questions.

Here goes the explanation:

The LAWMAN says that you don’t need to wear a bucket in DE but if you do then it must have a DOT sticker on it. So I say “if you don’t need to wear a bucket in DE and you see someone riding down the street with a baseball cap on would you pull him over and tell him he needs to have a DOT sticker on it?

He let me go with a warning, if I was to ride into MD or some other state that requires a bucket then my brain bucket would not be legal because it’s been painted and the DOT sticker is gone.

Now what do you think of that?

"I think helmet laws suck"! Just my :2cents: worth. :whistling:Probably more than half the people that wear them anyway are wearing helmet's that aren't legal! Edited by Rich99

Will the helmet manufacturer provide a sticker if requested or purchased? Yanno, so you do not get into that confrontation again? Maybe even an iron-on to stick it to the inside of your helmet.

Heck if it were just a sticker you could get, stick it under the padding so it does not get in the way of your paint work.

I'll agree. In a state that has no helmet law, the DOT endorsement IMHO shouldn't matter. Here's an idea. Get a small piece of inch wide masking tape and a black crayon and.............

Or the fellow I met at Daytona that had DOT tattooed on the back of his shaved head.

Paul