IGNORED

1st Gen got smashed.

Dusk

I know this should be listed in the for sale section. But I want to get this out there.

Long story short. My bike ran out of gas in the Tip O'neil Tunnel here in MA. :crying:

After a little more than half an hour a state trooper and flat bed came along. Unfortunately the driver of the flat bed did not tie down the bike correctly. After leaving the tunnel and pulling into the state police barracks parking lot (it is close to the tunnel) the bike tipped over. The right side of the fairing, along with associated parts got wrecked. Luckily the bike has crash guards.

The damage is mostly cosmetic. I simply don't have the time or money to put into getting the bike back into shape. :(

I did file with the state and they totaled the bike. I got what I paid for the bike. Sadly it will cost more to repair the bike. Also I lack storage space. To to it off I am fixing up my house to sell. I simply got lots going on now.

The engine runs strong and has lots of life left in her. I road her back and forth to work most every day. From Attleboro to Cambridge and Waltham.

I hate to let her go, or part her out. but right now it's the best thing I can do.

I can't find the title, so I am going to fill out the paperwork to get a new one. But if you are looking for parts that would not be a problem.

I have posted some of the work I had done. Along with pictures (She don't look quite the same now).

Link to pictures - [/url]http://necrotechandbytch.com/~dusk/venture/

Some of the work that has been done.

All four carbs were rebuilt. Replaced the linkage too.

Complete tuneup. Wires plugs etc.

Rebuilt the forks.

Replaced gear shifter.

New head gaskets.

Replaced the exhaust collector.

Replaced that star washer and associated parts.

New tires. Metzler

New stereo and speakers.

Added extra lights.

And much more.

The bike is at my mechanic. You can call him and ask about the bike. He did all the work.

Best Cycle & Jet Ski Repair

South Attleboro MA

508-761-9779

Edited by Dusk

It should not be your responsibility to repair your bike. The flatbed operator IS responsible. If he doesn't want to stand up for this, then file with your insurance company and let them go after the operator. No reason to give up a good bike because of someone elses lack of proper tie-downs.

Dan

It should not be your responsibility to repair your bike. The flatbed operator IS responsible. If he doesn't want to stand up for this, then file with your insurance company and let them go after the operator. No reason to give up a good bike because of someone elses lack of proper tie-downs.

Dan

i totally agree! you didn't damage your bike! THEY did!

go after them , and MAKE them make it right again.

just jt

I did... I should update my post.

I did file and the state did cut me a check. The totaled the bike. To fix what was damaged will cost more than the check. I move back to the city, and am renting until I sell my house. I don't have a garage. Even if I did I would need my mechanic to do some of the repairs. Selling her for a few bucks in whole or part is the best solution for me.

One I get my house sold and get life back in order I will hunt down another 1st gen. There is a second gen that parks in the same lots that park my ride (or did). I try not to look at it :)