IGNORED

Engine Storage

FROG MAN

I just bought a complete motor from a 89 with less then 15K. I'm going to clean and polish the cases. Seal up the in's and out's. Install some fresh oil and store it for a while. I might need it for a project or sell for a profit. Is there anything else I should do for storage preparation. It was just removed last week.

I would pull the carbsk, drain them, shoot wd into the bowls, shake em a little and drain em again, squirt the slides with wd and work em up and down a little, spray the whole assembley with fogging oil and wrap in a clean rag sprayed with fog. Pull the plugs, rotate crank until you can spray fogging oil into each exhaust/intake port and see it going into the jug - covering the valve faces and seats. Fog her down thru the plugs real good, put the plugs in, stuff the exhaust/intakes with clean oily rags. Make a wrap around the ports with duck tape. Spray the motor down with fogging oil and store it and the carbs in dry area..

If it does set for a few years before you go to use it again I would take the valve covers off and pre-lube the valve train before I fired it up again.. No sense in scoring cam journals on a good motor...

'Puc