IGNORED

Steering Dampener for Sidecar

DRAGIN TAIL

Has anyone mounted a steering damper to their 1st Generation Venture? If you have, could you post a photo or email me one. I'm getting a pretty good wobble and all the experts recommend a damper to correct this problem when a sidecar is mounted. I have a damper that I bought on Ebay but am looking for ideas on where to attach it to the front end of the bike. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by DRAGIN TAIL

Hi Ron.

Check with Steve Wagner as he has a damper on his side car rig. Not sure how he mounted it but he'll give a heads up I'm sure. I saw a trike with a steering damper on it that I'm assiming was put there because the owner didn't rake the forks. I'll attach a pic here. Maybe it'll help you some. I realize his bike and the attached phots are 2nd gen bikes but I'm sure you can apply the same ideas to your bike.

Larry

Hi Ron

Well I had to make my own bracket and there isn't much room to work. Mine is a second gen. so I'm not real sure if how I did mine will work on a first Gen.

If you don't rake the frontend then you will get some wobble from 25 to 35 mph. Just keep 2 hands on the bars at that speed and you should be fine.

Have fun with the hack !!!!

Has anyone mounted a steering dampener to their 1st Generation Venture? If you have, could you post a photo or email me one. I'm getting a pretty good wobble and all the experts recommend a dampener to correct this problem when a sidecar is mounted. I have a dampener that I bought on Ebay but am looking for ideas on where to attach it to the front end of the bike. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sidestrider.com/steering.htm

Check this out..

• 2 weeks later...