IGNORED

spiders

dleggett1

Has anyone had a problem with spiders nesting under the saddle bags fenders and farings etc. On their royal star ventures? On 8/22/08 while cleaning my bike I found a large black widdow under the right saddle bag. I went to the store on 8/23/08 and purchased a can of spider spray and sprayed every where I saw a webb. 4 more large black widiws and their very tiny offspring came out of thier hiding places to die. Does any one have a solutin to this problem? I had went to my local dealer and asked if they thought that spider spray would harm the finish ? However, I am deathly afraid of spiders and sprayed the areas anyway. The spray did not seem to hurt the paint.

Edited by dleggett1
capps and tied together words

Has anyone had a problem with spiders nesting under the saddle bags fenders and farings etc. On their royal star ventures? On 8/22/08 while cleaning my bike I found a large black widdow under the right saddle bag. I went to the store on 8/23/08 and purchased a can of spider spray and sprayed every where I saw a webb. 4 more large black widiws and their very tiny offspring came out of thier hiding places to die. Does any one have a solutin to this problem? I had went to my local dealer and asked if they thought that spider spray would harm the finish ? However, I am deathly afraid of spiders and sprayed the areas anyway. The spray did not seem to hurt the paint.

It sounds like they were confused.They thought your bike was a "Black Widow Chopper"..:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Seriously,I've never heard of this.Maybe your not riding enough...:scratchchin::scratchchin:

Either way,I'm not showing this thread to Shari..I'll never get her on the bike...:shock3::shock3:

it sounds like they were confused.they thought your bike was a "black widow chopper"..:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Seriously,i've never heard of this.maybe your not riding enough...:scratchchin::scratchchin:

Either way,i'm not showing this thread to shari..i'll never get her on the bike...:shock3::shock3:

my bike generaly does not sit idle more than 3 days without me riding it.

i would seriously search the area where you park your bike. I find it very unlikely they chose the bike only and are not in other places near by... :detective:

i thought of that also. I sprayed the patio squares that i park my bike on and the carolina carport that i park under. I don't know if there are any granule or powders that are effective on spiders. If so i will try that also. I even thought of moving the patio squares and just parking on the dirt.

Spiders will settle anywhere that is undisturbed. Get that bike out of the garage and ride it once in a while and the problem will be solved!

Goose

spiders will settle anywhere that is undisturbed. Get that bike out of the garage and ride it once in a while and the problem will be solved!

Goose

i would love to ride more. However, i am a deputy sheriff and work 12 hour shifts. 3 days on 2 days off 2 days on and 3 days off. I ride as much as i can. The bike doesn't just sit. I use it to run to town and grocery shop and commute to pensacola and back as well as participate in benefit rides. The bike gets used often.