IGNORED

first distance ride

Holly

Just got back with over 1000 miles under my butt in 73 hrs. From home to Spillville Ia, House on the Rock, Wi, Wisconsin Dells, Eau Claire Wi, visited grandkids in Eau Claire, then around Lake Pepin on the Mississippi, both sides, Red Wing, Lake City and Wabasha, then to Rochester, Mn, Owatonna Mn, Sleepy Eye, Mn then the quickest way home as it was getting late.

Never before tried this, Venture performed flawlessly, I didn't tried to kill on some uphill starts, and redlight goofs.

Had lots of fun trying to get a motel room this weekend around here, as Sturgis riders, both coming and going were filling most motels along the interstate.

Had lots of fun.

Daryl

:322:

How was the ride on your butt though? Did it just about whip you or were you able to push on like you normally would in a car?

The reason I ask is that the longest non-stop trip I have ever made has been a 45 mile one-way trip to Fritch, Texas. That was back in my teens and I thought at that time that I would surely die.

Congrats to you sounds like you enjoyed it.

IT gets easier the more you do ride, funny thing though on a long distance trip some days your back and butt hurts and the next day it is fine.

Few weeks back we left on Sunday noonish and came back friday afternoon and punded off 2400 miles pulling the cargo trailer the whole time.

BRad

How was the ride on your butt though? Did it just about whip you or were you able to push on like you normally would in a car?

The reason I ask is that the longest non-stop trip I have ever made has been a 45 mile one-way trip to Fritch, Texas. That was back in my teens and I thought at that time that I would surely die.

Try riding about about 1,000 KM (625 Miles) per day, for a few days. Not bad on a 1st gen.

:canada:

Was tired, but not real bad, did over 400 today from about 11 am to 8 pm.

Rode 2 up, wife's knees are sore and she went right to bed.

I really think it helped keeping the helmets on almost the whole time.

Last week Sunday we put on over 200 miles to help her get a feel for this trip she wanted to take.

Thanks! I was curious.

A friend of mine just bought hisself a new GW and in the two months he's had it has already made three trips from here (Amarillo, TX) to Creede, Colorado and back. I believe he had his wife on the bike as well. I know he hasn't had a bike since he was in college.

Congrats to you sounds like you enjoyed it.

IT gets easier the more you do ride, funny thing though on a long distance trip some days your back and butt hurts and the next day it is fine.

Few weeks back we left on Sunday noonish and came back friday afternoon and punded off 2400 miles pulling the cargo trailer the whole time.

BRad

Am thinking I will need trailer on next trip to haul the souvenirs that the wife wants to buy

:farmer:

Thanks! I was curious.

A friend of mine just bought hisself a new GW and in the two months he's had it has already made three trips from here (Amarillo, TX) to Creede, Colorado and back. I believe he had his wife on the bike as well. I know he hasn't had a bike since he was in college.

It had been 20 yrs since I rode, and that was just very short trips, honda CB450T, a real vibrator.

Only had Venture 2 months now.

Am thinking I will need trailer on next trip to haul the souvenirs that the wife wants to buy

Trailer comes in handy for the shoes HAHA. LASt year we rode from Ontario to black hills, to yellow stone, to the Colorado ralley and home, that was our biggest ride, but for the last few years we take a week and go.

BRad