IGNORED

"Back to List" feature

Don,

When I sign in and click New Posts, I like to scroll through and pick the threads I wish to read. When I have read a thread, I click the "Back" icon in my browser to get back to the list to continue scrolling and reading. I know there are buttons at the bottom of the page for Previous Thread/Next Thread. How about a button for "Back to List?" The same thing is true when I post a reply to a thread except I have to back up through my post and the previous reading to get back to the list. Or am I missing something?

The "Back to the List" button would help me and maybe someone else would find it useful as well. As long as it's not a major programming issue.

Thanks for your hard work on my favorite site on the www:clap2:

Lynn

Try Right-Clicking on the thread link and choosing "open in new window" or, depending on your browser, "open in new tab" ... then, just close that tab or window. I use a browser called Maxthon. All I do is left drag a link and it automatically opens in a new tab.

I'm not sure that I fully understand this. There is a "New Posts" link in the menu bar at the top of the page as well as in the menu bar at the bottom of the page. Clicking either of those will open the list again.

That's good Don but what if a person is viewing the "Today's Posts" or they are on the 2nd page of either New Posts or Today's Posts or for that matter, displaying any other list combination such as a list of a person's own postings... the New Posts link will take them back to the beginning of "New Posts" only.

OK...I understand but I honestly don't know how I can do what you are asking. Using the "back" button on the browser is the only thing I can think of at this time. I will give it some more thought though and see if I can come up with anything.

OK...I understand but I honestly don't know how I can do what you are asking. Using the "back" button on the browser is the only thing I can think of at this time. I will give it some more thought though and see if I can come up with anything.

Using the method I described above solves the issue as far as I'm concerned. I almost always open links in a new tab or a new window just so I don't "lose sight" of where I started from so to speak. Works great in here .... generally what I do at the beginning of the day is click the New Posts link, scan the list, and then open each of the ones I want to read in a new tab .... go read them, close their respective tab and voila` ... the last tab open is where I left off.

BTW, remember, you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of them all the time. The original request may not be accomplishable or even if it is, the amount of work may not be viable...especially when there is already a relatively easy method to do what was asked (as I've explained).

That's good Don but what if a person is viewing the "Today's Posts" or they are on the 2nd page of either New Posts or Today's Posts or for that matter, displaying any other list combination such as a list of a person's own postings... the New Posts link will take them back to the beginning of "New Posts" only.

Exactly. If you are on page four and hit "New Posts" you don't go back to page four where you were. You back to page one AND you will get any new posts on that page that have been added since you started reading. That also rearranges the posts, i.e. which posts are on which pages. What I requested was a "Back to List" option like the one of Ebay.

I stated in the original post that if this required significant effor to just forget it. That still stands. I know where the button is and hitting it 3 to 5 times is not that difficult.

Thanks again Don - I do appreciate your hard work

Lynn

Exactly. If you are on page four and hit "New Posts" you don't go back to page four where you were. You back to page one AND you will get any new posts on that page that have been added since you started reading. That also rearranges the posts, i.e. which posts are on which pages. What I requested was a "Back to List" option like the one of Ebay.

I stated in the original post that if this required significant effor to just forget it. That still stands. I know where the button is and hitting it 3 to 5 times is not that difficult.

Thanks again Don - I do appreciate your hard work

Lynn

Lynn.... have you tried my suggestion???

Doesn't work for what she's wanting to do

SHE??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I believe that Missionary Rider is a guy. And I am too.

Did you call him she because of his name? That's another one for me. Lori and I have a long ongoing tally about whether Lynn is a guy's name or a girl's. She says it's a guy's name, and I say it's a girl's. And I just got another vote. She is losing this one badly. We have had people who don't know us see our names on paper as "Lynn and Lori". The person will read the first name and look up at my wife. Then they'll read the next name and ask who Lori is. I just stand there laughing at the poor embarrassed person as Lori stands there with her mouth open. I could relate countless examples.

:sign back to topic: I always open threads or pictures in other tabs too, but not so much for this reason, but because I have only dial up here, and I can be reading one while others are still opening rather than waiting on them one at a time. Multi-tasking that way I don't waste time waiting for pages to open. I do the same thing in ebay too, most any site actually.

SHE??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I believe that Missionary Rider is a guy. And I am too.

Did you call him she because of his name? That's another one for me. Lori and I have a long ongoing tally about whether Lynn is a guy's name or a girl's. She says it's a guy's name, and I say it's a girl's. And I just got another vote. She is losing this one badly. We have had people who don't know us see our names on paper as "Lynn and Lori". The person will read the first name and look up at my wife. Then they'll read the next name and ask who Lori is. I just stand there laughing at the poor embarrassed person as Lori stands there with her mouth open. I could relate countless examples.

:sign back to topic: I always open threads or pictures in other tabs too, but not so much for this reason, but because I have only dial up here, and I can be reading one while others are still opening rather than waiting on them one at a time. Multi-tasking that way I don't waste time waiting for pages to open. I do the same thing in ebay too, most any site actually.

:sign20: :sign20: ... well, ya got me ... to me, "Lynn" is a very common name for a FEMALE. In fact, one of my co-worker's name is Lynn and I tell ya, SHE is very much a FEMALE !!! :rotf: :rotf:

With all due respect, I apologize to Lynn...the GUY :D

Try Right-Clicking on the thread link and choosing "open in new window" or, depending on your browser, "open in new tab" ... then, just close that tab or window. I use a browser called Maxthon. All I do is left drag a link and it automatically opens in a new tab.

does this in Eplorer but then you have to click on the tab and then close the tab when you're done. The benefit is that you do end up back where you started. It's just not that much of a shortcut over the "Back Arrow" Icon.

As for the gender of the name "Lynn", my mother cannot remembrer how she shortened Leonard to Lynn. A quick glance at my Amatar should settle the issue. Even with the confusion, I prefer Lynn to Leonard or ..

Pastor Raburn

I'll agree with you actually. Like I said above, I think Lynn is a girl's name. So did a librarian once who asked me if the card was mine or not. :rotfl:

When I was very young I knew a girl named Lynn who shared my birthday, and even birth year. We were born a couple thousand miles apart and our parents didn't know each other until later. It was all coincidence. We used to share birthday parties. At that time I thought she was really cute. I don't know where she is today. I haven't seen her since junior high. I always thought it would be funny if I married a girl named Lynn. Didn't happen though.

As for the gender of the name "Lynn" . . . A quick glance at my Amatar should settle the issue.

Oops! Typo! Meant to say Avatar.

Wife's name is Brenda. Amazing how many times church members have said, "Ben and Lynda." I'm used to it. On Amateur Radio morse code I was forced to send my name as Len. Too guys were sending kisses! Ugh!

Boy did this thread get hijacked :whistling:

Still Lynn

Oops! Typo! Meant to say Avatar.

Wife's name is Brenda. Amazing how many times church members have said, "Ben and Lynda." I'm used to it. On Amateur Radio morse code I was forced to send my name as Len. Too guys were sending kisses! Ugh!

Boy did this thread get hijacked :whistling:

Still Lynn

Ben and Lynda .. Lynn and Brenda ... let's just say "you guys" ... or is that "you gals" ... ROFL!! (ok...enuf already!)

:witch_brew: