Greetings, while on vacation this past week, I discovered that the dash lights on my '05 RSV don't work. I'm speaking of the back-light that illuminates the speedometer. When dark, I cant see the speed or the gas gauge. Makes for some nerve racking riding. The last night ride prior was about a month ago, and it worked then. The only thing that has been done is the bike has been washed twice since then.

Any ideas as to why it quit working? Are there regular bulbs or some type of LED lights there? Is this something that maybe I can fix, or do you recommend the dealer? Would this be a warranty item? Thanks in advance for any help.

Just a heads up. When I took my MM in for the gas gage not working They replaced the control board and that reset the odo to 0. I wish I had written the exact mileage down. Don't know if the light is on the same circuit board but better safe than sorry.

Just a heads up. When I took my MM in for the gas gage not working They replaced the control board and that reset the odo to 0. I wish I had written the exact mileage down. Don't know if the light is on the same circuit board but better safe than sorry.

Go back to that dealer and have them pull up the shop ticket. They have to record the mileage before they start work, and for warranty work, I think it needs to be reported to Yamahaha too. Anyway, they will have the exact mileage when they replaced they instrument head. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

• 2 weeks later...