IGNORED

Ride to Indianapolis

1 - UP

September 8th I'll be riding off to Indianapolis leaving from the Kennedy Space Center Area.

I'll be riding over to US27 then North to the eastside of Tallahassee then north on US19. I'll take US19 north to Albany, GA then US82 west over to GA520 then back north to US27. I'll be going on the westside of Atlanta, GA up to Chattanooga, TN. I'll then take US127 north to the westside of Lexington, KY. I'll then hop on US421 and take it to Madison, IN where I'll take IN7 north to US31 and on into Indianapolis.

I plan of taking 3 days and camping on the way. Now, what I would like to know is - does anyone know of any camp grounds around that route that I have choosen? I'm thinking about camping somewhere around Albany, GA. then again somewhere south of Lexington, KY.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Ken

If you can wait to get to Madison before you camp. Clifty falls state park is a real nice camp ground. It's just on

http://www.indianaoutfitters.com/Maps/state_park_maps/clifty5.gif

the westside of Madison on St Rd 56. I hope i did this right!?

Google lists:

Riverview At Camp Nelson RV Park

468 Camp Nelson Rd

Lancaster, KY 40444

(606) 548-2113‎

That's off of 27. Somewhat out of the way.

There's also:

Cummins Ferry Campground

2558 Cummins Ferry Rd

Salvisa, KY 40372

(859) 865-2003‎

That one appears to be a couple of miles east of 127 just after Mcafee, KY. Pretty much on your route. You might try giving them a call. (I've never been there, just did a google search.)

Your got email................:12101:

September 8th I'll be riding off to Indianapolis leaving from the Kennedy Space Center Area.

I'll be riding over to US27 then North to the eastside of Tallahassee then north on US19. I'll take US19 north to Albany, GA then US82 west over to GA520 then back north to US27. I'll be going on the westside of Atlanta, GA up to Chattanooga, TN. I'll then take US127 north to the westside of Lexington, KY. I'll then hop on US421 and take it to Madison, IN where I'll take IN7 north to US31 and on into Indianapolis.

I plan of taking 3 days and camping on the way. Now, what I would like to know is - does anyone know of any camp grounds around that route that I have choosen? I'm thinking about camping somewhere around Albany, GA. then again somewhere south of Lexington, KY.

Ken

Ken

127 from Chattanooga to West side of Lexington is a GREAT/BEAUTIFUL ride and 421 from Fankfort KY to Emminence KY is some great twisties! Have a great fun trip!

If you can wait to get to Madison before you camp. Clifty falls state park is a real nice camp ground. It's just on

http://www.indianaoutfitters.com/Maps/state_park_maps/clifty5.gif

the westside of Madison on St Rd 56. I hope i did this right!?

When I lived in Indianapolis, and my sons were small, my family did do some camping at Clifty Falls State Park. It was a nice place then (back in the late 70's and early 80's) I liked it so much that I almost bought some land west of Madison. I had thought about going back to the Park on my way back home after leaving Lawrenceburg. I will be there training police dogs the first week of October.

Thanks,

Ken

If you are wanting to stay in the Lexington I have always heard that the horse park there or somewere around there has a great campground, never been but used to go threw there every weekend to lake cumberland. Just thought you might want to look it up, I am not sure how close it will be to were you are riding threw. Good luck and have a great trip.

If you are wanting to stay in the Lexington I have always heard that the horse park there or somewere around there has a great campground, never been but used to go threw there every weekend to lake cumberland. Just thought you might want to look it up, I am not sure how close it will be to were you are riding threw. Good luck and have a great trip.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I don't know where the "Horse Park" is but I'll "Google" it and maybe they'll say something about a camp ground in the area.

Ken:think: