IGNORED

Motion Cycle Dallas - Beware

Guest tone100

Guest tone100

I had my bike towed over to Motion last week to get a flat fixed. On my way there I called to find out what the labor would be and was told $64. When I arrived there the service manager came outside and wrote down the mileage and VIN. I confirmed with him that the labor was $64. When I went to pick it up later that day they tried to charge me $100 for the labor. When I asked why they said because the bike had hard bags on it. This didn't seem to be an issue when I dropped it off. The clearly saw that the bike had bags then. So anyways I went back to the service manager and he started blaming it on the new guy, even though he is the one that gave me the price. After telling him several times I wasn't paying the higher price he finally said "it’s been a long day, what do you want the ticket to be?" I added it up for him and paid the $64 labor. In short if you get any service there make sure to get the cost in writing when drop it off. I don't know why they would try to pull something like that but they lost at 3 three customer's business. My dad, my brother and myself. My brother bought his bike. I noticed they were allot friendlier when you are handing them a check for $9 grand.

Guest tone100

I don't normally go to dealers to get work done but I didn't feel like changing it myself that day. Maybe I should have.

Tony,

You were certainly right to hold them to the $65 because that was the right price to change a tire on a bagger. Especially for Chapter 6 members. I'm guessing that the $100 may have come from the time the mechanic who changed your tire turned in? Which at $80/hr was about 1.25 hours. But you know that to take the rear wheel off, both bags and mufflers have to come off before you can even get the axle out. But if you had taken the tire off yourself and took it in, it would have only cost you about $25.

However if you had taken it into Central or even Richardson, it would have cost you a lot more.

So like you said, in the future just be a more educated consumer and make sure you get a firm quote on the work and hold them to it. And in the case of Motion Cycle, make sure they know that you are a member of Chapter 6, where you get a 20% discount on accessories, parts and labor. And Motion Cycle is no better or worse than any other dealership, especially if you establish a relationship with them and get to know the guys in back. Even I have to keep Jason honest at times and I have no problem calling him on any issue that I don't feel comfortable with.

But in your case, you also have the option of using the "Bike Butler", another advantage of belonging to Chapter 6.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Guest tone100

Rick I forgot that you did tire work. Otherwise I would have brought it to you. BTW they said that chapter 6 members only get 10% off parts now and no discount on labor. Have there been some management changes up there recently?

For you folks in Texas Family Powersports in Lubbock,San Angelo, Odessa, Weatherford, and McKinney Tx. have some good deals. I have purchased from them example (Avon 150/80/16) $121. They have service club for local's have to check if good deal. Online orders taken. Don't know cost for tire install.