IGNORED

Carbtune in TwinCites area

Guest cabinfever

Guest cabinfever

Hello all,

Does anyone close to the TwinCities (MN) have a carbtune that would be willing to help me sync the carbs on my '89?

Else, recommend a shop that will do it for a REASONABLE amount? I called a few shops and all the quotes I got were between $120-$160.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

I have one and would be more than willing to give you a hand. This week is pretty muchu already booked out though. How soon do you need/want to get it done?

Actually, if you could see your way into coming up for the Pork in the Pines I know there will be at least two carb tunes available, if not more, and a how lot of expertise on tuning the carbs.

Let me know what works for you.

Russell

:15_8_211[1]:

Eric,

I have one and would be more than willing to give you a hand. This week is pretty muchu already booked out though. How soon do you need/want to get it done?

Actually, if you could see your way into coming up for the Pork in the Pines I know there will be at least two carb tunes available, if not more, and a how lot of expertise on tuning the carbs.

Let me know what works for you.

Russell

:15_8_211[1]:

Russel I too would like to check my carbs but I am carb challenged. I am thinking of going to the Pork in the Pines. I think it is running very rich due to all the black (soot) in the RK mufflers. Pulling a trailer to Denver and back in super hot weather kind of loaded it up I think. If you guys do get together whats the chances of horning in on the activities?

Steve

aka Bubber

Hello all,

Does anyone close to the TwinCities (MN) have a carbtune that would be willing to help me sync the carbs on my '89?

Else, recommend a shop that will do it for a REASONABLE amount? I called a few shops and all the quotes I got were between $120-$160.

Thanks,

Eric

Pete Behm lives in Stillwater...rides either his Red 2d Gen (can't miss it, has "blind you" bright running lights on it) or his blue FJR....I'm sure you've seen him on the roads in the area. He doesn't frequent this site, but I'm sure if you bumped into him he'd be more than happy to help you.

Curt

Russel I too would like to check my carbs but I am carb challenged. I am thinking of going to the Pork in the Pines. I think it is running very rich due to all the black (soot) in the RK mufflers. Pulling a trailer to Denver and back in super hot weather kind of loaded it up I think. If you guys do get together whats the chances of horning in on the activities?

Steve

aka Bubber

Steve,

Am more than happy to help you with the carb sync.

Am getting ready to hit the road for Wisconsic in a few minutes, but suggested to Eric (Cabin Fever) that we meet up for breakfast Sat morning at the Coffee Cup in St Paul and we can do the carb tune up right there.

That would be the best time for me. Still waiting to hear back from Eric to see if this will work for him.

Figure the Coffee Cup would be about central to everyone. And it would give me an excuse to go for a short ride and get away from work for a while.

Give me a call 612.865.8232, and we can discuss further.

Russell

Black Owl

I am headed to Duluth on Saturday. to see the tall ships.

I talked the little women into riding, since I got back from Denver (and I went alone) she is a little antsi about getting out of the house and away.

I was hopping to see Juggler up there, not sure how I would recognize hin though.

I rode the bike into work today and it ran strong and felt good. I still would like to check it though, just can't make it this weekend.

Steve

If someone needs my morgan carb tune, I will mail it to you to use.

Only thing I ask is you return it, and pay for the postage (both ways)..:thumbsup2:

NOW ECK!!!!!!

You really want me to break my second rule of life (I don't do Carburators) Since I broke my first rule ( I don't do electricity) your just seeing how far you can temp me arn't you??? LMFAO

As usual it is a great offer, but I am going to try to get the locals to educate me a little. Boy will that be a challenge!

Steve

Black Owl

I am headed to Duluth on Saturday. to see the tall ships.

I talked the little women into riding, since I got back from Denver (and I went alone) she is a little antsi about getting out of the house and away.

I was hopping to see Juggler up there, not sure how I would recognize hin though.

I rode the bike into work today and it ran strong and felt good. I still would like to check it though, just can't make it this weekend.

Steve

We are planning to leave earl that morning. We could hook up as we pass North branch.