Hey guys, what do you use in lieu of a yamaha fuel filter, mine is plugged after a tank with seafoam!!!!

Any part #s come to mind

:Bunny2:

As long as the connectors are correct then any fuel filter should work...I've used several different ones over the years....I change my fuel filter when I change my rear tire..

Thanks for all the help, now know what to get and where to put it, but found out filter not the problem. One carb is plugged with junk, need to work on that area, looks like fun.

:lightbulb:

The first time you have to work on the carbs is a killer. Getting them off took me at least an hour and probably two and then getting them apart, realigned back up and reinstalled took forever. The second time was much quicker as you now know the easy way to disconnect and connect the throttle cables and all the other idiosyncrasies of removing and re-installing the carburetors. I can now have the carbs off the bike or re-installed in around 10 minutes or so. The crankcase breather hose is a real pain to reinstall until you finally come up with the correct long nose pliers and access point.

Dick

Thanks for all the help, now know what to get and where to put it, but found out filter not the problem. One carb is plugged with junk, need to work on that area, looks like fun.

:lightbulb:

I'd try running a can or two of sea foam through the fuel system first....