IGNORED

1700 Roadstar

Thom

i got to ride a 0 mile 1700 roadstar , a friend just bought a new 07 one for 8900.00 with a lot of extras on it and he let me be the 1st one to ride it !! now my feelings about it , it is not my cup of tea , at the floor boards vib. is very bad the bars are old school , and it as a very short wheel base , 1st gear is ok but 2nd gear is very nice , need a back rest to hold you in the seat , it has a lot of power after 1st gear , very nice , the bike , too me is not a touring bike but a very nice cruiser , if anybody is looking for 1 check your local yamaha dealer , yamaha has sent 1 to most dealers to sell cheap !

Thom

I have an 04 Roadie 1700. I love it. Plenty of power and manuverable. 80 MPH is effortless for the motor, even riding 2 up and fully loaded. I did build a drivers backrest for it and made a few mods to suit my taste. We just took it from Colorado to florida and back and it ran awesome. BUT I think Im gonna redo the seats. LOVE MY ROADIE! The only downfall is im not real thrilled with the placement of the speedo. And at cruising speed the needle sits right across the clock and the odometer...kinda hard to read. Other than that its a great bike.:cool10: