IGNORED

Hotels in Raleigh, NC area??

Eddy

Several of my buddies on Harley's and myself are coming to Raleigh for the weekend next weekend and I was wondering if anyone that lives in the Raleigh area close to Cary can give me some advice on hotels or motels in the area.

Eddie

If you have a few extra bucks (actually more than a few) and want to rankle the locals (I say that...I don't know that it would be true), you can stay at "The Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club" (although it's in Durham and not Cary). Top shelf all the way (and I mean VERY top). But, if ya do & happen to use the bar, say hi to Alex, the bartender (shaved head, beard, talks & laughs alot, has a couple of big tatoos on his arms but I think he has to wear long sleeves on the job. Oh yeah, Alex is my oldest son. Tell him I sent ya (not that it'll make any difference lol) I'm sorry. I'm just yanking yer chain. It IS nice, and my son really does work there, but it is very expensive ($150 & up according to AAA).

Seriously though, around Raleigh...close is a relative term. Since you mention Cary, Harrison Ave. is the major road going into Cary off of I-40. I don't specifically recall which hotels/motels are there, but all the majors are well represented in the area. I'd stick with them for obvious reasons. You won't have any trouble picking a good one. As I recall, some even have security patrols on a regular basis. I lived in Raleigh area for about 6 years, a while back and the accomodation situation is good just about anywhere in the area. Do call ahead though. Sporting events are a big deal around there and when something major is happening, space can get to be sparse.

Go to http://ww2.aaa.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/AAAOnline?association=aaa&club=111&page=ITTServices&poiKey=259&zip=29527 and Input Cary, when the map comes up zoom in and the icons will tell you where gas is and lodging is. Then just cursor over the icon and a little fly-out will identify which ones they are and give you all the handy info.. Or, the list on the left side names them all..cursor over a name and the flag will pop-up on the map. It's all pretty self-explanetory. Should make deciding easier. The ONLY bad part about it is that the only ones on the list are the AAA aproved ones. So, there will be others besides those. I hope the trip is uneventful in the drama department. The traffic on I-40 between Raleigh and Cary and Durham is usually BRUTAL !!!! Plus, it appears there's some construction on I-40 from exit 289 to 301 (basically the entire southern loop around Raleigh) The good part is it's east of Cary and there's lots of lanes. Please, you and your buddies be especially careful and good luck to y'all.

Safe journey!