IGNORED

Love the Bike, don't like the company

johnny-canuck

I bought my 07 Midnight in April 07. Got the Yamaha head sets with it. A few weeks ago, I started having problems with mine. There is a loose connection in the junction where the cord mounts on the helmet. I went into my dealer and they checked with customer support and there is only 90 days warranty on it. I complained to the gm but that didn't do much. So I paid a lot of money and they won't stand behind it.

I also got the Yamaha cover and it is starting to spread at the seams. The mp3 player that came with the bike is crap and I never use it. Also notice that some of the other accessories on the bike are cheap.

I've decided that there will be no more Yamaha accessories go on the bike unless I can't get them elsewhere. Yamaha doesn't seem interested in keeping existing customers. At least here in Canada. I was at the Atlantic bike show in Moncton in Feb and was talking to a VP from Canadian head office and I was telling him about all the nuts and bolts that came loose or fell off shortly after I got it. His response: "So what do you want me to do about it?" His attitude was pretty much a "don't bother me" one.

Sorry for all the venting. It seems service is a thing of the past.

Sorry to hear about all your problems with the bike. I also have an 07 and just lost my passenger talk button.

I can't say enough about the ride though, I love it and so does the wife.

I also feel fortunate to have found this web site. Not only great information, but I was able to make it to the Kitchener Rally for opening day and the final dinner. I met some great people, who really made me feel welcome and many have given me tips already as to how to fix my missing passenger talk button if Yamaha will not replace it under warranty. My warranty is only valid in the States as I went across to buy it as it was so much cheaper.

I hope when you get everything tightened up and working well, that you will enjoy the bike and time that you are on it.

I couldn’t agree with you more. Yamaha Canada from my experience is an incredibly pathetic company to deal with:bang head:. That’s why I bought state side and so far Yamaha US have been a pleasure to deal with. Not only that but I saved in excess of $7000 buying over the border:mo money:, Yamaha Canada’s warrantee certainly isn’t worth that much (especially with the grief that comes with it). I have had no problem with over the border warrantee and each time I’ve gone I get a good feed of Buffalo wings!:dancefool: