IGNORED

Stebel horn question

Thinking I might get 2 Stebel horns. One for each bike. Questions I have: When I buy the horn, does it come with the relay? What about appropriate (gauge) wiring? In other words, after I buy the horn, do I still need to purchase other parts to get it working?

Thinking I might get 2 Stebel horns. One for each bike. Questions I have: When I buy the horn, does it come with the relay? What about appropriate (gauge) wiring? In other words, after I buy the horn, do I still need to purchase other parts to get it working?

Carbon1 sells mounting brackets for the Stebel where the stock horn is. $15.00, I have one on my RSMV and wouldn't go without. Easy to install.

If you purchase from most dealers (bikebandit, etc.) you have an option to purchase a wiring harness with relay. It is not very complicated to do it yourself, but the harness takes the thought process to almost nothing. Allows you to install with more than one beer (although you would have to drink fast, it is a pretty easy install).

+1 on the CarbonOne bracket. Looks great and fits great (on a 2nd gen or RSTD)

RR

I bought mine from Cyclemaxohio.com, and everything was included in the price. Relay, wires, connectors, instructions....all was there.

Joe

Did you get a mounting bracket with it? Buy one from Carbon_one? Or not need one?

Greetings...

The Stebel site says everything is included...

Freezy - do you remember what the Amp rating on the included relay is?

A 20 amp? I'm guessing...

Reason I ask, is that a friend of mine made an interesting little fast blinking red LED thingy - I was thinking it might be fun to hook it up so it fires when the horn is activated. - make the air scoop under the headlight look like it's belching a little red fire!

Can you tell, I'm determined to get those twits to drop their cell phones?

Someone on a wing passed me a few weeks ago - lit off his horn and waved - I nearly jumped out of my skin!

I recognized the sound when I downloaded the audio file -

Edited by Kandaje

Greetings...

The Stebel site says everything is included...

Freezy - do you remember what the Amp rating on the included relay is?

A 20 amp? I'm guessing...

Reason I ask, is that a friend of mine made an interesting little fast blinking red LED thingy - I was thinking it might be fun to hook it up so it fires when the horn is activated. - make the air scoop under the headlight look like it's belching a little red fire!

Can you tell, I'm determined to get those twits to drop their cell phones?

Someone on a wing passed me a few weeks ago - lit off his horn and waved - I nearly jumped out of my skin!

I recognized the sound when I downloaded the audio file -

It was a 30 amp relay in the kit. Should be plenty stout for use as you want.

Joe