IGNORED

DVD lending library?

friesman

Has anyone thought about setting up some sort of lending library for riding dvd's and instructional videos? To be honest I havnt thought logistics yet, but the idea is intrigueing to me. It would be a good way to share movies about biking and especially the ride like a pro series.

Any ideas whether this is a good or bad idea would be appreciated.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

we have the ride like a pro 4 dvd............

I need to see if i can burn some copies.........Id be willing to send to anyone who pays for the postage......

let me know if anyone would like a copy

I would love to watch that video.... Once......... That's why I haven't bought it.

I need to see if i can burn some copies.........Id be willing to send to anyone who pays for the postage......

Cindy,

Copying and sharing is a violation of copyright laws unless you contact the seller of that DVD and get his permission. No different than buying an authors latest book, running it through a copying machine, and passing it on. I know most people don't realize it, but you can be prosecuted by the producer of the DVD. Just not worth it.

You can legally send the original to someone to view and return. Just can't legally burn copies.

Cindy,

Copying and sharing is a violation of copyright laws unless you contact the seller of that DVD and get his permission. No different than buying an authors latest book, running it through a copying machine, and passing it on. I know most people don't realize it, but you can be prosecuted by the producer of the DVD. Just not worth it.

You can legally send the original to someone to view and return. Just can't legally burn copies.

Other than the big legal issue. DVD's are encrypted so copies are difficult to make.

I wasnt intending for Ventureriders to get in to a copying thing here, as its a big legal headache that wont go away, so we cant get into that here, period!

I was thinking if youve got something like a Ride like a pro DVD and have seen it a few times and dont want to view anymore but think someone else would get value out of watching it, then post it here for someone else to view.

Then they would post it again after they are done with it and then send it on.

Would something like that work around here? Everyone seems so community minded I think it might.

That would be illegal!!!!!!

Please don't do it!!!!!!!!!

These videos are not that expensive, I recommend that everyone buy their own.

They even offer a discount to VentureRider.com Forum members!!!!!!!

I wasnt intending for Ventureriders to get in to a copying thing here, as its a big legal headache that wont go away, so we cant get into that here, period!

I was thinking if youve got something like a Ride like a pro DVD and have seen it a few times and dont want to view anymore but think someone else would get value out of watching it, then post it here for someone else to view.

Then they would post it again after they are done with it and then send it on.

Would something like that work around here? Everyone seems so community minded I think it might.

That would be quite legal and OK.

I have a copy of Ride Like a Pro IV and V, so I don't need the #4 and will put it up here for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person. The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands.

I will start a new thread on this so people can request it....... Click HERE to go there.

Edited by KiteSquid

Other than the big legal issue. DVD's are encrypted so copies are difficult to make.

Ride Like a Pro is encrypted. I bought it for a friend for christmas and tried to make myself a copy........no luck. But he understood why it was opened when he got it I hade to watch it once.

sorry to offend or get anyone upset here........i wasnt trying to sell copies or anything.

I have made it a habit at home of copying dvd's , especially the ones for my daughter as she tends to be anything but gentle with them and numerous times has rendered them unwatchable again..so I copy them and give her access to the copy and put the original away...i have yet to find one that I dont have the right program to copy.

i dont generally make copies for people or offer to, guess I should have kept my mouth shut...:ignore:

sorry to offend or get anyone upset here........i wasnt trying to sell copies or anything.

I have made it a habit at home of copying dvd's , especially the ones for my daughter as she tends to be anything but gentle with them and numerous times has rendered them unwatchable again..so I copy them and give her access to the copy and put the original away...i have yet to find one that I dont have the right program to copy.

i dont generally make copies for people or offer to, guess I should have kept my mouth shut...:ignore:

No, dont keep more mouth shut we like your ideas, and want to hear more. Its just that what you do privately is different than what we have to do here in the forum. We cant be seen as condoning illegal copying.

I apologize to you if we made you feel uneasy about your suggestions and I guess it should have been worded differently in hindsight.

Brian