IGNORED

My thoughts on ERC

rod

I took the Experienced Rider Coarse yesterday on the Venture. I have been riding 35+ years. It was quite challenging but fun anyway. We have 5 instructors in our riding and I have done most of the exercises in our training sessions but not officially signed up for the class. It cost $125 and well worth the money. They pointed out some of my bad habits and helped me with my technique. The "box" and the "offset weave" were the hardest but I made it through with out dropping the bike at all. I plan on taking the instructors coarse and get my certificate to teach. No matter how long you have been riding this is a good thing to do every one has room to improve. Tips: bring something to drink and a snack, don't have a full tank of gas (too much extra weight), relax and just do it. I found I tried to hard and tensed up on some exercises and did much better after I relaxed. Have fun and enjoy the ride. Rod

I agree on this being a great class. Took it twice on consecutive days - once by myself and once with my bride on the back. That was a challenge. Laid the bike down once doing the bike with rider. Only on my way home did I realize my clutch was burned up.

Will probably take it again next summer. Should be interesting to see how different it will be with a good clutch and levelling links.

RR

I took ERC class last year, and i have same tough. At bigining was thinking what a waste of money... but after all they teach me exacly how much i dont know about safety riding. Worth every single peny. Strongly recomanded for everybody.

I haven't studied the ERC, but took the first half of the BRC last Saturday. Frankly, I took the course for two reasons. One is that I want my wife to ride with me and I figgered that would help with her confidence. Two was that completion of the course satified the driving test requirement. My experience riding is mainly dirt. MOTO, Desert racing, and Trials. Mabey 10,000 miles road on Enduro style bikes and 2 small Road bikes. I won't go into any details as most of you likley know all about it, but I highly recommend it to anyone with little road experience. I am sure glad I am taking it. I honestly didn't think they were going to teach me anything about riding, didn't tak'em long to prove me TOTALY wrong!!

DJ :thumbsup: