IGNORED

What c/t tires fit the 2nd Gen

1rooster

The only ones that are a confirmed fit are a BFGoodrich T/A Radial in 155/80R15 and a Federal SS657 in 165/80R15. The Federal is the preferred tire now because it is closest to stock and less expensive then the BFG.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/rengaslasi/kesarenkaat/Federal_SS657.jpg

Here's a pic of the Federal SS657 with WWs put on it. This thing is great. I've been gone for a week and haven't ridden it, and today I spent 10 hours riding someone else's Venture with a MT on it. I get home and jump on my own bike to run up the road and get a newspaper, and I was several miles up the road before I remembered that I had just put a CT on it the day before I left. I've ridden maybe 50 miles on this tire so far, and I literally could not tell a difference in handling between one bike and the next, back to back riding. There are no handling issues with this CT whatsoever.

WWs courtesy of dbtires. They aren't painted. They are real WW material, vulcanized onto the tire. They can do literally any tire, which is why they can do both sides. They did a fantastic job. The tire looks like it was manufactured with WWs on it from the start. They clean up the same as any other WW. It adds quite a bit to the cost of the tire. It ends being a little more than a regular MT. But it will last a whole lot longer.

I do know of another tire that a guy got to put on his Royal Star, and then before he did it he ended up selling the bike for a different one and returning that tire. The tire was a Vredestein Sprint Classic 165HR15. I'm fairly certain that the tire would fit, but no report on exact dimensions or clearances or handling capabilities.