IGNORED

New Avons

pick

Ok, just installed the new venoms! can't wait to try them out! What pressures everyone running? I do a lot of two up riding. Also, load limits just under 900#? Kinda light for an 875# bike? :(

I just had new Avon Venoms put on last week at the dealer and his recommendation was 36 psi front and 42 psi rear. Big difference with these tires on. Now I roll right into the turns real nice.

I just replaced the Dunlops but the front tire appeared to be cupping on the edge and it resisted going into the turns but I attribute that probably to the worn out tire.

Mike:cool10:

I don't baby it at all,and I get 14,000 - 16,000 out of a Venom on the rear. I do a lot of local riding and long distance touring, both. I run the rear between 46 and 48 - anything over 48 produces very poor handling on the RSV. You can find in-depth discussions of my thoughts on this in older threads. Front is around 42. I'd suggest you start with 46 rear, 40 front and see how that feels. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

One suggestion from one friend to another:

Once you begin to take off on your "new Avon sneakers", do not think you know the bike, for it will handle totally different...

I sugggest you carefully ride it down the street to a local "large empty paved parking lot" and then ride it by making figure 8's so you can see how it handles prior to hitting the road...

:thumbsup2: