IGNORED

Different Grips?

Schlepporello

Hi all.

I've always been a big fan of these grips.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/G_12128G_CL_1.jpg

I know, they're not everybody's favorite, but I like 'em. My question is this. I've noticed that the grips on my 84 VR are by far the longest I've ever seen. Is it possible to get the style of grip I've shown in the picture to fit on these bars?

Thanks!

You might try to find the name of the company that makes those type grips. Then call (or email) them and provide them with the "length" dimensions from your 1st gen grips and inside diameters, (dont forget inside diameter is different for throttle grip), and see if they make those type grips in the length and diameter required.

:thumbsup2:

i remember them , do they still make them ? i also remember what we called them :rotfl:but this is a pg site ! if you find any for 1 st Gens post it , i would like some too , i have had them on HD's and honda's and my hands never went to sleep .

Thom

• 1 year later...

Well, I finally got brave and ordered the above mentioned grips from J.C. Whitney and guess what? They don't work. They're aout a half inch too short. The good news is that this was relatively cheap lesson to learn and I had ordered other items with these grips, so it wasn't a total loss.

Well, I finally got brave and ordered the above mentioned grips from J.C. Whitney and guess what? They don't work. They're aout a half inch too short. The good news is that this was relatively cheap lesson to learn and I had ordered other items with these grips, so it wasn't a total loss.

I'll bet you could have got two sets cut the ends off and extended them yourself with a little glue and patience. :think::2cents: