IGNORED

Fantastic Dealer - Off-Road Express - Erie, PA

RedRider

As some of you know, I was stranded in Erie, PA at the end of my summer vacation ride. My rear tire was showing cords and wasn't trustworthy to take the final 700 miles to home. This was Saturday night. That night and the next day, I tried to find a tire (MC or car tire) and someplace to install it. No luck.

Searching on the internet, I found a local Yamaha dealer named Off-Road Express. They did not open until 9:00 on Monday morning, so we (my father was riding with us and stayed around) hunkered down with the remaining Jim Beam and cigars thru Sunday.

Off-Road Express did not have an answering machine when I called trying to provide some forewarning of my plight. However, there was an email address on their website. I sent a note to them advising my being there at 9:00 Monday morning and needing some help.

I arrived at the dealer at 9:00. Went in and talked with the Parts counter (Frank). They had the tire and gave me a discount (even though they had me by the short hairs). I then went to the Service Manager (Brian) and explained my trouble. He checked with the shop and they had my machine on the rack by 9:15. At 10:05, my bike was back in the parking lot. The technician - Garry (I think) - took the time to explain a couple of things he noticed when he took a short test ride. No rush, no pressure, just bikers getting a fellow traveler back on the road.

While getting my riding gear back on, Joe Askins - Vice President came out and said, "You must be Jeff. I just read your email. Did you get taken care of?" When I advised that I had, he thanked me for the business and offered to have the bike cleaned off (it was nasty from about 3000 miles of bugs). I declined, but thanked him for the offer.

Here's the kicker - $160 total out the door for a Dunlop 404 installed!!!!

There shop was clean, professional, and had a great selection of accessories, fluids, and stuff. They also had an '07 Blue/Black RSV and a RSTD (didn't check the year). They carry Yamaha and Victory.

This is a dealer I will recommend to anybody in - or travelling thru - the Erie area.

Off-Road Express

10320 Wattsburg Road

Erie, PA 16509

877-9YAMAHA

www.offroaderie.com

RR

We heard of your plight here in Canada at the rally and very happy to hear that it turned out well. Kudos to the dealer that helped you out, we'll have to let him know that 5000+ other people heard about what he did. Places like that are hard to find, glad it turned out good for you

:happy34:

I have not sent an email to Yamaha - but I will. Good idea.

I forgot to add - the technician lubed the drive pins when he changed the tire. Just like they are supposed to do - and they usually don't.

RR