IGNORED

07 Head Bolt Torgue?

Pilot

Are there any symptoms associated with the head bolt torque not being proper?

Just wondering since I have a 07 and this past Saturday I had a heck of a time starting the bike. I had to use full choke ( I have never had to use any chock before) to even get the bike to start and then you could not turn the chock off or the bike would die. I played with the idle screw a bunch just to get the bike to run with the chock off. This lasted for about 15 minutes then the bike seamed to return to normal. Of course I had to re-adjust the idle afterwards back to 1000 RPM. I took the bike around the block about 20 times just to check it out and it ran fine. I then took it out on the highway for a 70 mile trip and it ran fine. I have not had any more problems like this since. What the heck happened?

The head bolt torquing (or lack of) issue normally results in some oil leaks around the head area, I hav enot heard of any performance issues related to it.

Your dealer should be able to tell you if you bike is affected just by checking the VIN against the list from Yamaha.

Jim, The bike wants to go back to Texas. :rotf:

Buddy you might be right on that one....Then again maybe it just needs more time to become acclimated to the weather here in DE. I have to say that given the choice I would pick DE over SW TX anytime. Del Rio weather did not agree with us, way to hot and way to dry. Maybe were getting old.

Keep the rubber down and enjoy the hill country, I do miss riding in the hill country.

I don't have any coolant smell or oil leaks so I don't think I have a torque problem. Maybe Buddy's right the bike wants to go back to TX....Then again............

The bike has been running great ever since the incident, maybe it was just one of those weird things that happen now and then.

Thanks for the info.