IGNORED

exhaust

Guest Michael Kleine

Guest Michael Kleine

Looking for slip on exhaust for my 2006 RSTD. Does not seem to be many available for this model. Looks like BUB and maybe Sampson are my only options. Are there any more Manufacturers out there? I did run into a guy whose Venture sounded pretty good who said he pulled off the ends, drilled some holes. Any ideas?

I am currently in process of odering a set of Baron's Slash Cut for my 2008 RSTD. You can go to there website and hear a clip of the exhuast. I heard a set one a Venture at the Honda Hoot last month. Remember that sound will be distored a little bit on the internet. Getting my Yamaha dealer to order them for me, $299.

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/369/index.html

I love the sound of the BUBs...but just as I bought them used two years ago, the chromed billet tips had flaked off and BUB sent replacements. Two seasons and about 17000 km and they are flaking again.

Since they are billet, I may take the old set and strip off what's left and see how they polish up....

Baron's 4-2-4 slip ons with the stock baffles! Put 'em on my 07 RSV a year ago and have been super pleased since then. You can get an assortment of slash tips, or you do like I did...run 'em without tips...looks like a double barrelled shot gun poking out from under each bag. No rejetting. Great sound. See 'em at Baron's website....buy 'em at phatperformanceparts.com.

Guest kober

I like my Barons Slash Cuts. Nice purr when you're cruising but a nasty bark when you twist the throttle.

• 3 weeks later...

Also a company called hacker exhaust makes good looking slip ons. http://www.hackerpipes.com/products/metric.php#Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture I would like to know if anyone on here has a set. I have bubs on and I am having the problem of tips flaking also. I have put three sets of tips on now under warranty thank goodness because these tips sell for $190.00. I will buy another set of mufflers when these are out of warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

I had bub sleepers and baron slash cuts on my TD . The sleepers had a great sound, i think i liked them best, but i got a wild hair and wanted it louder so i got barons, they are very loud , i can still run low RPM and it gets quiet enough. My advice is to listen to the sound bites they are dead on the sound. Johnny

Edited by fsport150