IGNORED

Buying a set of Road King mufflers and need brackets

I am about to purchase a set of 99 Road King mufflerss for my 06 RSTD. I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with somebody building mounting brackets for these mufflers.

Also, another question, I drilled out my stock mufflers and got a lot of popping on decel. I have plugged the AIS and still popping occurs. I am not talented enough to rejet or adjust the carbs, so I am going to put these mufflers on in hopes of making it sound better. If there is anyone in the state of Washington that would like to help out a Soldier with rejetting or adjustment please contact me. All the food and beer you can drink would gladdly be offered as payment for your help.

I am about to purchase a set of 99 Road King mufflerss for my 06 RSTD. I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with somebody building mounting brackets for these mufflers.

Also, another question, I drilled out my stock mufflers and got a lot of popping on decel. I have plugged the AIS and still popping occurs. I am not talented enough to rejet or adjust the carbs, so I am going to put these mufflers on in hopes of making it sound better. If there is anyone in the state of Washington that would like to help out a Soldier with rejetting or adjustment please contact me. All the food and beer you can drink would gladdly be offered as payment for your help.

For the brackets check out the classifieds. Squidley makes and sells them.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully they will help end the popping that my drilled stockers have.

Just my opinion, but I bet the mufflers don't change the popping. Sounds more like a carb issue. I drilled my stocks out several times till they were really drilled big time and each time never had any popping. I still have my AIS. Now I have RoadGlide pipes fully drilled, still no popping. :confused24:

I am sure that it is a carb issue. I never had any problems until I drilled out the exhaust. I have plugged the AIS according to the thread on this site and it did not help at all. My plan was to put on the RK mufflers and not drill them out at all first. If the popping went away then I would just leave them that way. I do not have the expirience or know how to mess with the carbs, no do I have the money to let the dealership handle it.