IGNORED

New CB Issue

Marcarl

I have an 85 VR with a CB from an 86. All seemed to work well, but I now have a feedback issue when I key the mic with my PTT button. This feedback is noticeable in channels 25 to 40 but doesn't seem to be there in the lower channels. On Ch 20 it is barely noticeable and not a real issue but as I good up in channels the worst it gets. looking for ideas.

Carl

Sounds like maybe hi SWR on the upper chanels, I know back in the cb days if you had shorted out antenna or bad coaxs you would get a back feed from it.dont know if you can adjust the anttena but if you can i would lower the top piece of the antenna and see if that helps.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Today I thought I'd just take the erring unit out and see what there was to see. Well I removed the class first and still had F\B, I then removed the screws holding the plastic cover the holds the CB and still had F\B, I then lifted the CB out of the bike and now the problem seems to be solved, if only for the moment. Put it all back together, took it out for a 30 minute ride and so far so good, now to plug both helmets in, that's tomorrow, we'll see how it pans out.

This feedback is noticeable in channels 25 to 40 but doesn't seem to be there in the lower channels. On Ch 20 it is barely noticeable and not a real issue but as I good up in channels the worst it gets. looking for ideas.

Carl

The problem sounds like it is in the CB itself. Have you noticed any difference in the AM/FM radio reception? A bad coax or antenna would cause problem through out the entire spectrum (26.965 - 27.405 MHz) which is why I believe it to be the radio itself. Most radios use a band amplifier that shifts to a different set of components, tuned for that frequency range, as it changes channels. Check the antenna connections first at the splitter and then at the CB radio itself (dirty connections can cause frequency specific problems also). Then swap out the radio as a last resort.