IGNORED

SeaFoam, being a bit of a skeptic..........

dfitzbiz

I tried SeaFoam in my ’99 RSV this week. After seeing the rave revues of the product here in the forum I said “Why not?” Within 15 miles I felt a noticeable increase in power. My records indicate that I had been averaging just over 37 mpg. On the first tank with SeaFoam I got 40 mpg and on the next tank without SeaFoam I got just over 40 mpg. I talked with my friend Scott Bartley of Knuckleheads Motorcycle Center, an independent sales, repair and self-service shop, here in Chambersburg, PA. He deals mainly in used motorcycles and aftermarket parts. He tells me that one of the first steps in preparing a used cycle for sale it adding SeaFoam to the fuel, especially one that has been setting for a while. What a great product, thanks to all the forum members for relating their stories about it.

When I talked to Scott yesterday he recommended another product that the forum members should be aware of. Has anyone tried Bike Brite? Just spray it on and hose it off with a strong stream. I was amazed by how it made the chrome, paint and vinyl shine. The windscreen needed a quick wipe with a soft towel to remove the last of a weeks worth of bugs and I just towel dried the rest. I am as impressed with it as I am Sea Form. You can contact Scott for more info about Bike Brite at “bikeknuckleheads@aim.com”

I got my lawnmower out Friday to give the grass a quick cut (didn't know who might be stopping by this weekend!) and remembered that I had run the gas out of it last fall, so I grabbed a gas can and filled it up. Not a good thing, the can was full of diesel! I smelled it and quickly dumped it out, put a small can in my saddlebag and ran up to the petrol station. I filled the mower (a craftsman that's always started well) with fresh gas, pumped the bulb and pulled......and pulled..... and pulled! Nothing, Nada, Zilch, Zip-o!!! One of my roommates pulled while I shot a little ether in it and it would fire for a bit but die. Pumping the primer bulb seemed to have no effect. I grabbed the SeaFoam and poured an ample amount in the tank, tipped the mower back and poured some through the throat of the carb. Pulled it twice and it sputtered. Pulled it again and it started and died. Had my roommate pull it and I pumped the bulb each time it started to die. About 20 or 30 seconds of that was all it took. It smoked for a few seconds but it's running great again and the grass is cut! I love SeaFoam!

its also great in the car or truck if you have a lifter rattleing just dump a can in the oil and drive it for a day or two then change the oil it will clean the lifters and they will pump right up with oil no more rattles

My car was running poorly last month and I had noticed that my mileage had dropped off a few MPG. I added a full can of Seafoam and by the end of that tank I improved my mileage by 4 mpg. I dump a can in the RSV tank about twice a year now. I figure I shouldn't give the crud time to build up.

yep, yep.......i can add my latest seafoam experience to the mix. a friend of mine bought a 1983 honda GL650 that had been sitting for at least 4 years. that's what the owner had told my friend. i would bet that it had sat twice that long after looking at it. long enough for the front tire to be totally ruined. anyway he brought it to me to see if i could get it roadworthy for him. he thinks that just because i used to be an auto mechanic and have been a long time rider that i know how to wrench on bikes.....which i don't. but i agreed to do what i could. it took a little time and effort to clean up (you wouldn't believe how many spiders can live in a neglected bike) but the only real issue after i got the calipers cleaned up and cables lubed, etc. was would it run. i was holding my breath. i just knew we would have to pull them carbs. i just hate carb work. i put a small amount of gas in the tank and a put in a new battery. i cranked it up and in a short time it fired and almost ran. it would run for a few seconds, then die. i also noticed that the right carb was dripping. i turned off the gas and had my friend go buy a can of seafoam and bring it to me. i poured it in the tank and then cranked and ran, cranked and ran and so on until i knew i had the bowls full of almost straight seafoam. i could smell it. turned off the petcock again and quit until the next day. went out and cranked it up and this time it would stay running, although not very smoothly. i put a few gallons of fuel in the tank and walked off til the next day. cranked it up again and ran it a few seconds until it quit smoking from the strong seafoam mix. the right carb no longer leaked and i decided to try and sync the carbs. no go. adjustment screws didn't do anything at all. waited another day and went out and cranked it up. this time i was able to sync the carbs. the screws worked right and after the syncing the bike ran like a new one. thank God for seafoam.....................