IGNORED

Front brake noise...

Guest Deerjunky

Guest Deerjunky
:confused24: :confused24: Since the Venture and RSTD are close to the same with brakes, I put this in this section...When almost to a stop, brakes will make a deep rubbing noise that approaches a grinding sound. It don't notice it at higher speed. Any thoughts on this one would be nice. Jim

:confused24: :confused24: Since the Venture and RSTD are close to the same with brakes, I put this in this section...When almost to a stop, brakes will make a deep rubbing noise that approaches a grinding sound. It don't notice it at higher speed. Any thoughts on this one would be nice. Jim

Mine does the same thing. I never thought much about it.

DT

Guest Deerjunky

Brakes are strange creatures I guess. I can put up with the noise so long as they stop the bike. Thanks folks. Jim

Guest Deerjunky
What I did was put Permatex Brake Quiet on the pads. It is a thin plastic film on the backside of the pad and it rids that aweful sound.

Ace.

Ace, do you just put a dab on the rotor or do you have to pull the wheel? Jim

Guest Deerjunky
Yes...that will do away with the noise. Heck...who really needs to actually STOP anyway. :rotf:

:lightbulb: Why even champfer (whatever that word was) the pads---just take em off and leave em off? I guess your onto something--stopping is overrated. :Laugh:

I always figure when you do a job, do it right!!! The brakes, pads, rotors, spokes, rim, tires,,,,,,,everything, that way you sure you got the important pieces for sure. Gives longer tire wear, keeps the dirt off the wheels so you can wipe them off easy for looking good to go to church, no rust anymore,,, it's just awesome,,,, I like it sooo much I'm thinking about doing the whole scoot, just so it all looks the same, going to use different color greases to show off different parts and give it that customized look.

You need to take the brake pads off, you spread the stuff on the backside of the pad (not on the part of the pad that rubs on the rotor). The squealing/grinding sound is actually a high frequency vibration and the sound is coming from the back of the pads. Mine hasn't made a sound since I did this last year and that is all I did.

Ace.

Guest Deerjunky
You need to take the brake pads off, you spread the stuff on the backside of the pad (not on the part of the pad that rubs on the rotor). The squealing/grinding sound is actually a high frequency vibration and the sound is coming from the back of the pads. Mine hasn't made a sound since I did this last year and that is all I did.

Ace.

Thanks Ace, that 'splains it. Jim

Guest Deerjunky
I always figure when you do a job, do it right!!! The brakes, pads, rotors, spokes, rim, tires,,,,,,,everything, that way you sure you got the important pieces for sure. Gives longer tire wear, keeps the dirt off the wheels so you can wipe them off easy for looking good to go to church, no rust anymore,,, it's just awesome,,,, I like it sooo much I'm thinking about doing the whole scoot, just so it all looks the same, going to use different color greases to show off different parts and give it that customized look.

Not good enough if your are serious about doin the job right. You have to do your body as well. You will be a slick guy with a slick bike. :)