IGNORED

Clutch Basket on 07 Venture

Eddy

I just rode my Venture home from the dealer after the clutch basket exchange on the gears. All I can say is I "think" I can hear a small difference and it might just be in my head because I can definitely still hear the whine and chirping. It was a warranty repair and the basket that went in looked exactly like the one that came out. Even the mechanic couldn't tell the difference. I think it's a sound I'll have to live with until I trade it to a wing or a newer version of the Venture without the whine.

Eddie

Guest LeeAT

Most of the whine in mine was a loose bearing in the final drive, you may want to have the dealer check for that.

Lee

Not sure about that whine ,but I did change both tires for two Dunlop Elite 3, cleaned and re-greased the whole rear end and the drive shaft joints as well aligned and re torqued everything and this baby is running smooth and no more noise . No clicking or growling and the noise I had ,some kind of whining must of come from the Brickstones . I only ear the sound of the HD pipes ,the clutch I don't have a problem whit so I don't know about that whining everyone is talking about .