IGNORED

Pontiac Fiero..??

SilvrT

Pretty cool. It's amazing what creative people can come up with. If I'm not mistaken, the Fiero engine is the same as the older Cavaliers. I'm not 100% sure on that but I know that the transaxle is. I bought a Fiero years ago with a bad tranny and bought a Cavalier transaxle from a salvage yard. Bolted right in, just backwards. :)

I've been thinking of doing simular to the extra VR I have in the back yard. Maybe not a V6, but something on the order of a 4 cylinder, diesel out of a VW Rabbit or simular. Might not be fast, but it should get great mileage. I had one of those in the mid 80's that got around 40 mpg. Without the heavy cage surrounding it, it should get even better mileage.

Years ago when I bought a 300ZX a friend of mine who was stuck on the buy american thing ( I think it was a detroit union plot ) purchased a Fiero:crackup:

From the saga that followed I gather this was a good contender for the Pinto and Corvair awards.:rotf:

These folks must be brave :080402gudl_prv:

Actually, Pontiac really screwed up with the Fiero. They were determined to make a four cylinder, two seat commuter car and many people wanted more. By the time they got around to making the V-6 model in the GT version, they really had a neat car. But, by this time it had just about ruined the reputaion on the car. This was another one of those " We really don't care what you want, this is what you are going to get" deals.

Now, a nice GT Fiero can go for a pretty high price.

RandyA

I am a Venture guy but also a Fiero guy. Have an '88 GT and '86 SE. Some years back a guy from work was at the Port Dover Fri. 13th event here and took a picture of this trike. It's a Fiero. Picture isn't great but you can get the idea. Go figure!