IGNORED

Where position bike in Enclosed trailer.

RoadKill

I have a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer and getting ready to install the wheel chock (BTW-Thanks DoubleD) It is a single axle. Any suggestions where to install it? I think if I went all the way to the front the tongue weight would be too much. I guess it also may depend on how the existing d ring tie downs are positioned because I want to make sure at least the front ones provide the ability to compress the front forks.

Oh, and before you trailer biggots start in on me:whistling: I'm not going to be hauling my bike. I am getting it installed to assist a friend whose bike was vandalized at his work.

Thanks for any assistance.

I had a 6X12,I mounted the chock to where I had just enough room to squeeze by in front of the front wheel,maybe back from the front about 1.5 feet. If you put it to far back it will sway VERY easily.

Jay,

In mine I tried to center the bike over the axle. The wheel chock is about two feet back from the front wall. I usually haul enough other junk in the front (bike jack, tools etc.) that tongue weight isn't a problem. I had room in front of the bike to haul our two bicycles there too.

You will want to have some weight on the tongue but keep it manageable. Make sure the tie downs are properly fixed to a solid part of the frame and not just into the plywood. Don’t forget check trailer wheel bearings for grease and the tires for pressure. Nice looking trailer!

It looks like we have similar trailers, mine is a 6x12 continental cargo, and I put my 85 1st gen about 18 or 20 inches back from the front wall. I think my wheels may be mounted a little farther back on the trailer than yours but its so hard to tell, but my thoughts were that you need some tongue weight to avoid whipping the rear of the trailer around.

Brian :cool10::cool10: